Hyundai or MG4?

jamesfromwales

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I'm moving from South Korea to Wales for a 2 year contract at a uni with my Korean wife and 7 year old. Looking for cheap motoring, also hoping my career takes off in the UK so willing to invest in a 10/15 year car. Attracted to 7 year warrenty and driving feel of MG. But I guess Hyundai ionic 38kwh will be cheaper to buy and run. I read here that people trade in their ionics and konas for MG4. For those who did are you happy with your decision? Which car should I get? Looking for cheap running costs and family utility. I'll probably be commuting 200 miles a week.

I like that I can get all the bells and whistles with the ionic that I'd have to get the trophy for otherwise.

Thoughts?

The Ioniq 38 is more expensive to buy than a Trophy and very dated inside in comparison to the MG, particularly in the back. The Rapid charging is very slow, so avoid it if you want to regularly go beyond 200 miles without an overnight recharge.
A lot of people from SK that I have met have very negative attitudes towards the Chinese but your Wife may be more enlightened.

The ioniq is more efficient, one of the most efficient EV's , it's only let down is battery size. If they had built a 64kwh ioniq that's what I would have had having owned 2 ioniq hybrids . Still waiting for my Trophy , hoping it's as good as the ioniq's have been.
Having a bigger battery kinda defeats the whole point, though, doesn't it? The small battery size is probably the main reason why it is so efficient in the first place.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back