• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

I have been offered a MG4...

1MGEVUSER

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I had a call from the dealer in which she told me that the Motability MG ZS Trophy SR I ordered, it's likely to be delayed to sometime in 2024.
This was on pre-order since last April!

So she asked me if I would like the MG4 instead.

Can someone tell me how high does the driver's seat go up to?
I understand that it is lower that the ZS but it might be good enough for me. I thought I'd ask here before make the journey to the dealer.

I had a call from the dealer in which she told me that the Motability MG ZS Trophy SR I ordered, it's likely to be delayed to sometime in 2024.
This was on pre-order since last April!

So she asked me if I would like the MG4 instead.

Can someone tell me how high does the driver's seat go up to?
I understand that it is lower that the ZS but it might be good enough for me. I thought I'd ask here before make the journey to the dealer.
I think you will need to go and sit in one. I don't know the nature of your disability but you might also find the width of the sill a problem.

What do you mean by a problem?
High or wide?
It's wider than average, due to the black plastic bit on the outside.
1634754014770-jpeg.5340

Width. You have to turn further and stand up with your feet further away from you than is ideal.
I have had lots of low cars but find the 4 harder than those to get out of.

Width. You have to turn further and stand up with your feet further away from you than is ideal.
I have had lots of low cars but find the 4 harder than those to get out of.
I usually need to get in the car backing in to the seat, can't get in sideways. The seat height is important, some cars seat adjustment will be making a big difference for me.

Can't understand why the ZS has delivery problem when the others haven't.

Tried seat on a MG4 but to me, the all process of getting in and out from the car was not good.

I could feel my back and hips straining.
Actually, the seat can be lifted to a reasonable height but in my situation, the gap between the steering wheel and the door pillar once getting in backwards, was too narrow, that's for my seating position. Obviously, if you move the seat back, there will be plenty of space. Also, because for this car I would need the seat to its maximum height, that meant that I would need to tip my head forward to avoid the top frame section, hence stressing my back. Then there is the extra wide seal... That's simply too wide! Getting into the car backward and getting out for that matter, my calf muscles were pressing hard on the exterior plastic sharp edge.

If this model has been built from the ground up, then in my opinion this is a bad oversight. I can't believe that it is solely to do for strength and battery protection.

Saying all the above, it is a nice car and it will be perfect for many people but not for me.

So I will need to wait until the ZS Trophy will be ready, apparently sometime in 2024. 🤬🤬🤬

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 422 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back