I love how function over form the MG4 spray nozzles are

mat1129

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
They literally just poking above the window gutter.

I mean honestly for the price sure if it shaves off a few quid. I just thought it was mildly interesting.

N.b, this car is so hard to clean, and keep clean.

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 20.05.46.png

I receive my MG4 White Trophy at the end of the month, has the app been updated to include functionality like - adjusting the driver's seat before you get in? My wife & I will share the car, I'm 6 foot 2, she's 5 foot 1. So adjusting electric seats every time the other party takes the car is likely to become a chore as it will be a lot slower than a lever.

I receive my MG4 White Trophy at the end of the month, has the app been updated to include functionality like - adjusting the driver's seat before you get in? My wife & I will share the car, I'm 6 foot 2, she's 5 foot 1. So adjusting electric seats every time the other party takes the car is likely to become a chore as it will be a lot slower than a lever.
No.
And the car does not have different profiles for different drivers (eg seat, mirrors etc)

Don't really see your point about the washer nozzles. They work and cannot easily be seen. That's good design in my book.
Huh? I wasn't criticizing, I even say in the title that I 'love' how function over form they are.

It's just an observation really as there's absolutely no design details. just very functional. I like it, rather save the money.

Huh? I wasn't criticizing, I even say in the title that I 'love' how function over form they are.

It's just an observation really as there's absolutely no design details. just very functional. I like it, rather save the money.
Function? That's the one job these nozzles have - and they can't manage it.
No matter where they're pointed, only a slight overspray from bouncing off the wipers or bonnet edge actually reaches the screen.
They could be gold plated and project images of dancing girls, so far as I'm concerned - but all I'm asking for is a b&^%y jet of water to hit the windscreen, is that too much to ask? :mad:

No matter where they're pointed, only a slight overspray from bouncing off the wipers or bonnet edge actually reaches the screen.
They could be gold plated and project images of dancing girls, so far as I'm concerned - but all I'm asking for is a b&^%y jet of water to hit the windscreen, is that too much to ask? :mad:
Isn't this a flaw all cars have? This is my first car so I've not owned others to compare but it's something I think I've spotted with every car is they always overspray?

There is no auto or memory function on the driver's seat.

Isn't this a flaw all cars have? This is my first car so I've not owned others to compare but it's something I think I've spotted with every car is they always overspray?
I've probably owned more than 20 cars in my driving career, and I have to be honest and say that there was one car I had that was worse., and only one. That was a Mk1 mini, and the reason it was worse? It wasn't equipped with windscreen washers! The MG4 has the most badly designed positioning I've ever seen on a vehicle.

The MG4 has the most badly designed positioning I've ever seen on a vehicle.
Agreed. I always wonder how something like this makes it into production. It's not like they draw the car on a piece of paper and then build and sell it. It has gone through thousands of testing miles and many hands of many engineers. How could this have gone unnoticed?

My dealer said every customer complains and they can't adjust them properly either.

Mine sprays almost the whole windscreen, no adjustment needed.. yet.

Haven't noticed it hitting the wipers or bonnet either.

Mudflaps do nothing . I have a set on my black trophy and they dont stop anything if im honest . Waste of money .

It does prevent a lot of road rash on mine, I don't clean my car nearly as often as I should, but in wetter weather, there are no muddy road sprays up the side of the car anymore.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back