if you ever wonder what is the REAL range of 100%-0% in the SR ... you'll be surprised by this experiment.

Yes I think the LFP chemistry characteristic is somewhat flat. 100% or 0% the power output is the same. I read that somewhere.
Yes the mid indikator was green at 100% I think it turned orange in the middle and then <20%soc it was red.
My MG4 Essence 64 (Australia) battery charge indicator is always green, well at least down to 9% as I have never driven it at lower SOC than this

I did not find any official record of battery type.
I did some research. I understood my battery should last 20-30 years with weekly or fortnightly charging whatever the battery type.

It's true one can get too obsessive about battery charging routines, as you probably won't go terribly wrong whatever you do. But watch this for information.

It's true one can get too obsessive about battery charging routines, as you probably won't go terribly wrong whatever you do. But watch this for information.

Thank for the video about battery. I shall keep my LR battery (possibly MNC type) with 50% to 80% SOC for prolong battery life.

Britain had coldest November since 2010. It was frosty morning in London in last two days. I was amazed that my ZS LR could still achieve 3.8 to 4.1 miles/kWh in 0°C to 3°C for 10 miles trips. I needed to use iSmart with A/C remote control for defrost in morning and minimum heating/AC for clearing windscreen. I bought a Halfords top cover (large size is still a bit small for ZS) for reducing defrost effort.

Last edited:
I watched the whole video now and really enjoyed it. You were having such fun! I really like that interior, much brighter than my car, but of course your one is Trophy trim.

The distance is even more impressive considering you had four - er- chunky - guys in the car, and a boot full of luggage. The car was carrying a lot of weight. Imagine how much further it could have gone if you'd got a slim girl to drive it, with no passengers or luggage!

I saw the SoC display change colour, it seems to be behaving correctly in your car. In all the cars in Britain (at least) the display stays green until it gets to 5%, then goes amber. Nobody has ever seen red. Except, occasionally, the display turns amber at any state of charge, at random (I have seen it at 100%), then flips back to green quite quickly.

I'm trying to find out what % figures it's supposed to change at. You think 50% and 20%? Someone with an MG5 (I think) said 50% and 10%, as far as I remember. Just another annoying bug in the software it would cost them nothing to fix. But people in Britain have to complain about it.
PXL_20240128_134638887.MP.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel