I'm officially a member of team Grey

timeades

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Yes, finally after 7 months of waiting I picked up my Trophy on Friday. Drove from Preston up to the lakes and spent Friday afternoon and Saturday driving around the area then a nice run home today. All is good, had a slight hiccup at my first High Speed charger with Ionity but that was soon sorted. Enjoying the car so far and now to get ready for the Madrid trip on the 9th June

This isn't your first EV then?
Yep it’s my first EV and the first car I’ve owned in 6 years. In the past couple of years I’ve hired the ZipCar EV’s but that’s normally been for a couple of hours at a time

Last edited:
I picked up my Camden grey MG4 Trophy from Perry’s in Preston on Friday! Loving it so far! I was also thinking about taking it upto the Lakes at some point to properly test it out. 😄

I’ll be joining the team grey a week on Friday. It would have been this Friday but picked up a cracked screen whilst driving over on the M62 at Saddleworth Moor for the test drive. So I now have to get the windscreen replaced before I can exchange. Can’t get the car in for that doing till next Wednesday and it will cost me £50 excess on my insurance.

The car test drive went lovely and any nerves of driving my first ev and automatic soon went once got underway. I used the checklist and there was no sign of any bulging on the undertray and oil leaks or any other issues that I could see off that list. The car hadn’t been valeted but I couldn’t see any scratches or dents. It will come with a granny charger which was already in the boot. Otherwise everything seems to be just fine.

I will get them to bind the car on handover along with the satnav set up.

Which then should make for a pleasant ride home.

Congratulations. I wish you a trouble-free ownership experience. Or at least, no more than the niggles we're all putting up with.
Well a lot will depend on the after sales service should there be any problems. The dealership I am getting it from is about 63 miles away from me and there is a dealership within 4 miles of me but they have mixed reviews and the PCP deal I have agreed to has no interest where as the one locally is about 8%. I am part exchanging my Corsa Griffin and have made a payment to get to the 30% deposit. Then after 2 years I will have the big payment if I decide to keep the car. But I might as well hang on to that money until then I thought.

Sounds like a decent deal. I bought the car outright, adding the settlement my insurance was willing to give me for my Golf (that was dinged by an idiot in a BMW) to money from my savings. I haven't been back to the dealer, who is about 20 miles away, because I realise that all the minor niggles I'm bitching about are "normal" for the car.

I might compile a little list and submit it, just to add my small voice to those hoping that MG will produce software fixes for these things, but at the moment, unless it starts spewing oil or limiting the speed/power or locking me in the car or its undertray falls off, I'm reasonably content.

I'm especially content that I won't need to see a petrol forecourt ever again, at least not until I need some for my petrol-engine snow clearing machine.

I picked up my Camden grey MG4 Trophy from Perry’s in Preston on Friday! Loving it so far! I was also thinking about taking it upto the Lakes at some point to properly test it out. 😄
I was there at 13:30 ish, how was your handover? Mine was sign this, here's the keys, I'll just bring the car round and that was it

New member in team grey to, picked up my Andes Grey Luxury thursday. Up to now it have only done a autohold foult message (cleared it self when the keys was away from the car for some time) and have dropped rear right window 2 inches once. The latter i am sure was me tuching the switch leaving the car, it's silly easy to activate that switch for a brief moment.

I think everybody gets the auto-hold fault message at first, probably because of pressing the brake pedal too soon after getting into the car. It always clears. Just fasten your seat belt before pressing the brake to give enough time for the system to gather its wits, I think.

I have joined the team Grey today. Picked it up this morning and had a lovely 60 miles drive home. Been putting some stuff in the car and grappling with how the Zappi charger works. Was given a granny charger from the dealer tried that first and that seems to work okay albeit is slow. Anyway that will get put on one side only to be used if I am away and can’t find a charger nearby.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back