Immobiliser/Alarm

Headgas1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Good afternoon all

Does anybody know whyMG chose not to put a visual red blinking light to show car is alarmed, call me old fashioned but I like the visual sign I just find it reassuring I look at mine and the neighbours car on the drive and think if I was a thief which car would I pick to nick probably the one with no visual sign just the same as a thief who would pick the house with no alarm box on the front.
Shame just a small gripe 😡😡

I think mine has this light, IIRC it comes on if you press the unlock button without the key or is it when you try the door handle ?

Upvote 0
Good afternoon all

Does anybody know whyMG chose not to put a visual red blinking light to show car is alarmed, call me old fashioned but I like the visual sign I just find it reassuring I look at mine and the neighbours car on the drive and think if I was a thief which car would I pick to nick probably the one with no visual sign just the same as a thief who would pick the house with no alarm box on the front.
Shame just a small gripe 😡😡
Do many new cars have this 'feature' anymore ? I haven't seen this on any car for yonks.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom