Increase mileage on PCP

RobQuads

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Just wondering if anyone has increased the millage on a PCP before. We’re using ours more than we expected and from the quotes on new it looks like around half the cost to do it from new compared with paying the extra millage cost at the end of the PCP (which is quite high against other companies like cupras - 15p vs 6p)

I went for 18k for my pcp and have done 33k in two years so I still have a bit to play with. I pay a bit more per month but I got it on 0%.
Are you planning to keep the car?

Just wondering if anyone has increased the millage on a PCP before. We’re using ours more than we expected and from the quotes on new it looks like around half the cost to do it from new compared with paying the extra millage cost at the end of the PCP (which is quite high against other companies like cupras - 15p vs 6p)
No, I have always sold the car to another dealer as it has always been worth more than the MGFV, so the mileage limits and excess charges have been irrelevant.

However - IF the market for second hand EVs collapses due to a flood of new cut-price vehicles in the next few years, I may hand my MG4 back, so it could well be relevant.

As a first time EV owner, I have realised something that I don't think people talk about much - if you have cheap home charging you will tend to drive more miles than with ICE simply because it doesn't really cost anything to fill up. Mine is currently costing £5.50 to fill up from empty to 100%.

Yes, I’ve increased and decreased mileages on PCP agreements before, with increases and decreases to the payments accordingly.
Just last month I decreased the mileage allowance on our Evoque and a useful monthly saving.
All done online.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel