Increasing font size for radio channels

OrpMG4

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi

Has anyone worked out how to increase the size of the font for the radio stations? The font that says “national radio”‘is just readable but the font underneath with the channel name is almost unreadable when driving.

Thanks

FWIW I find the text far more clear now that I've fitted a matte screen protector. I don't know if it's the matte, or if the protector is acting as a magnifier, but the text certainly is clearer.

I'm not sure what you're seeing. I haven't noticed anything about the radio station that I can't read.

This time last year I couldn't see anything. I probably shouldn't have been driving as I couldn't read the road signs (although, oddly, I could read a car number plate at 25 yards and that's all you need to be road legal). Bilateral cataract surgery in June, and I still haven't stopped marvelling at the result. Small font? I laugh at your small font.

Hi

Has anyone worked out how to increase the size of the font for the radio stations? The font that says “national radio”‘is just readable but the font underneath with the channel name is almost unreadable when driving.

Thanks
It’s fine for me, however for many they could probably do with a way to change font sizes.

It’s probably set to ensure everything can be seen as scaling may have unpredictable results. Ironically, some of the descriptive text for some of the functions cuts off mid sentence anyway!

I think a lot of software is written by 20-somethings so small fonts are the norm.

Hopefully when AI takes over it will be smarter and realise that some of us need bigger print.

Would be great if you could choose but I am almost certain they don't use an adaptive / responsive layout so that would create lots of rendering bugs.

Radio - Naff - what Aerial - I know its in the rear screen... But poor reception - Dont bother with it - BUT YES - Temp info is SO Tiny .. Need my Reading Glassses to see that lol

I also cant see the Clock for the Time only a digital time shown ? Am I missing something Settings shows a 'Clock clock' re time - But I only see numbers no Dial ?

Radio - Naff - what Aerial - I know its in the rear screen... But poor reception - Dont bother with it - BUT YES - Temp info is SO Tiny .. Need my Reading Glassses to see that lol

I also cant see the Clock for the Time only a digital time shown ? Am I missing something Settings shows a 'Clock clock' re time - But I only see numbers no Dial ?
I find my DAB reception is good.

The analog clock only displays when you switch the "screen off" whilst the power is on.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back