Infotainment issues

DavEV

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Is anyone else having issues with the infotainment system? Besides not being that responsive to the touch,
  • The navigation system keeps freezing and stopping (and it also provides random ETA).
  • Android Auto is not working at all on one phone and on the other it keeps switching the theme randomly, and Google Assistant doesn't work, it stops listening as soon as I say the first letter). Both phones worked fine with the Leaf
This is without entering into how bad the UI is, I think there's a limit of characters for posts :)

Is this a general comment on the UI on the MG4 or just the Navigation?

There isn't one that I've reached.

I found AA to work well but had purchased a quality lead for the connection. Others haven't been so lucky.

Is this on a Trophy, or do you mean Maps on Android Auto?
On the Trophy, using the MG navigation system
Is this a general comment on the UI on the MG4 or just the Navigation?
General really, every day we find a new bug/issue 😔
There isn't one that I've reached.
Yes I was joking :) I mean, there might be one that I could hit listing all the bugs :ROFLMAO:
I found AA to work well but had purchased a quality lead for the connection. Others haven't been so lucky.
We used the same cable that worked on the Leaf, and tried many others, made no difference

I find the navigation tends to freeze after you come out of the climate screen

A quick tap on the map and it restarts hopefully something they will resolve quickly in a software update

every day we find a new bug/issue 😔
It gets boring after a while. Being a cheapskate I only had an SE but had the same experience cured only by giving up using the UI and just accepting the defaults or what could be changed old school with buttons/knobs.

It gets boring after a while. Being a cheapskate I only had an SE but had the same experience cured only by giving up using the UI and just accepting the defaults or what could be changed old school with buttons/knobs.
Ah… I long for more buttons… like the old days when doing something was as simple as pressing the switch that does it, instead of tap, swipe, double-tap, scroll, tap…

Ah… I long for more buttons… like the old days when doing something was as simple as pressing the switch that does it, instead of tap, swipe, double-tap, scroll, tap…
Like Renault did with the E-Tech (yes it's £7k more I know).. let's see how many near misses we'll need to have because of the touch screen before changing idea on the car :ROFLMAO:😅

Like Renault did with the E-Tech (yes it's £7k more I know).. let's see how many near misses we'll need to have because of the touch screen before changing idea on the car :ROFLMAO:😅
Test drove the Mégane etech, the infotainment screen/system was really good, physical buttons under it were also really good.
You control regen and drive mode with paddles on the steering wheel. Definitely no comparison between the Infotainment system and interior on the Mégane. Like you say though big difference on price

Is anyone else having issues with the infotainment system? Besides not being that responsive to the touch,
  • The navigation system keeps freezing and stopping (and it also provides random ETA).
  • Android Auto is not working at all on one phone and on the other it keeps switching the theme randomly, and Google Assistant doesn't work, it stops listening as soon as I say the first letter). Both phones worked fine with the Leaf
This is without entering into how bad the UI is, I think there's a limit of characters for posts :)
I've noticed this with Android Auto if I try to use voice command whilst moving. If the handbrake is on (such as at traffic lights) or I'm parked out works fine.

I've noticed this with Android Auto if I try to use voice command whilst moving. If the handbrake is on (such as at traffic lights) or I'm parked out works fine.
So basically we can use voice commands when we are stopped (so when we could potentially use the phone) but we can't use voice commands when we are on the move (which is when need it, as we can't use the phone while driving).. it makes sense 🤣

Right - just been out to get some messages so had a go with this. I connected my phone and started AA then started driving. Once I was up to about 20 mph I pressed the button on the steering wheel then asked to "navigate to [location]" - AA responded and started the navigation.

So the answer (in my case at least) is No - you don't have to be stationary to execute AA commands, and AA listens fully.

Found this on Faceache today:

Attachments

• 1669646018316.png
    1669646018316.png
    334 KB · Views: 180
I tried and I have the same behaviour, not very useful :( also the car's Navigation system is temperamental (the audio indications keep working but the map keeps freezing, and need to to out and back again.. besides the fact that the suggested routes and ETAs aren't quite right anyway.. my partner already got lost quite a few times 😂🙈)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back