Infotainment Screen Failure

Have you tried (carefully, and with luck) selecting/changing DAB radio station? From other threads this seems to resolve the issue - at least temporarily.
This works! I had same issue. Got to give this trophy back tomorrow for me to get mine back. You restored my sleep tonight 😂

Unfortunately for me, the screen on my car has started the same old flicking from one screen to another again 🙁. I'm sure it's a graphics circuitry/driver issue as each screen when displayed is smaller than normal.
Yet again, I can't try the DAB radio selection fix as I can't select the radio, usb music or online music.
The car will actually still drive ok, just no LKA control, no rear camera etc and I can still select the battery charge settings.
Car is booked into the dealer again next week. Let's see what happens this time 🙄

EDIT Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! Just went out to the car to prove to myself that the DAB radio station change fix wasn't possible - but it is!
I couldn't select the radio icon, but managed, more by luck than judgement, to hit the radio left and right arrows at the top of the music area. That allowed me to select USB and Online music, but it didn't seem to work - no sound initially. I then got to the DAB radio area, don't ask me how I doubt I could do it again!, and selected a different DAB station. I was then able to get some sound (the sound level had defaulted to zero). At the same time, normal service was resumed! I was even able to get the original DAB radio station playing (Greatest Hits Radio).
The only trigger for this glitch that I can pin down was that when I turned the car off whilst it was working ok I had it tuned to GHR Bristol, but when I turned the car back on, it was on the boundary of two GHR broadcast areas, Bristol and Somerset. Maybe it got it's knickers in a twist about which area to tune in to
V🙄V

Last edited:
Unfortunately for me, the screen on my car has started the same old flicking from one screen to another again 🙁. I'm sure it's a graphics circuitry/driver issue as each screen when displayed is smaller than normal.
Yet again, I can't try the DAB radio selection fix as I can't select the radio, usb music or online music.
The car will actually still drive ok, just no LKA control, no rear camera etc and I can still select the battery charge settings.
Car is booked into the dealer again next week. Let's see what happens this time 🙄

EDIT Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! Just went out to the car to prove to myself that the DAB radio station change fix wasn't possible - but it is!
I couldn't select the radio icon, but managed, more by luck than judgement, to hit the radio left and right arrows at the top of the music area. That allowed me to select USB and Online music, but it didn't seem to work - no sound initially. I then got to the DAB radio area, don't ask me how I doubt I could do it again!, and selected a different DAB station. I was then able to get some sound (the sound level had defaulted to zero). At the same time, normal service was resumed! I was even able to get the original DAB radio station playing (Greatest Hits Radio).
The only trigger for this glitch that I can pin down was that when I turned the car off whilst it was working ok I had it tuned to GHR Bristol, but when I turned the car back on, it was on the boundary of two GHR broadcast areas, Bristol and Somerset. Maybe it got it's knickers in a twist about which area to tune in to
V🙄V
Mine started because I reset the system because Bluetooth was playing up. Seems to be the rare time with turning it off and on again makes it worse 😂

Hi All

I was pointed in the direction of this thread as I have the same problem with the centre screen flicking between the home screen and the other screen. After reading the comments I have just gone out to the car to have a go at changing the DAB radio station and for some reason when it booted up the screen was steady on the home screen so I quickly selected a FM station and it worked. I was then able to switch back to DAB radio and my cameras now work.

Before I read this thread I had tried the same things as most of you have like the long press on the home button, locking the car and then starting it back up again. The only thing I did differently this time was plugging it in to charge whilst I read the thread. I've no idea if this had anything to do with it sorting itself out or not but so far so good!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back