Insurance Question

You could take a higher price to change, if your car is due to be delivered this week as obviously you'll need insurance cover.

Make use of the minimum 14 day cooling off period should you find a cheaper policy shortly there after.

Use the link for insurance in money saving expert should you require gap insurance. I got 30% off my last cover which was far cheaper than the policy the dealer offered.
yes, I have had GAP insurance on my last two cars, and never took the dealerships offer, it's much cheaper elsewhere. I'll be taking a look at the Martin Lewis option you mention this time around.

yes, I have had GAP insurance on my last two cars, and never took the dealerships offer, it's much cheaper elsewhere. I'll be taking a look at the Martin Lewis option you mention this time around.
Check the end date of your current gap policy. You may be able to extend into the MG4 without having to create a new policy. I have used ALA for the past 5 years.

Check the end date of your current gap policy. You may be able to extend into the MG4 without having to create a new policy. I have used ALA for the past 5 years.
ALA is who I have been with too for my last two cars :) - I contacted them and was advised to suspend my current policy as I have sold my current car, to pass what's left on the policy on to the new car when it arrives.

After having a quick look at the Martin Lewis website looks like if I can use the code MSE25 then I can get 25% off. so I might need to have a call with them to sort that out, either by cancelling altogether and them refunding me the remaining amount I have with them, and starting again with a new policy and 25% off, or some other jiggery pokery. I'm sure we should be able to sort something out.

either way thanks for this as it has highlighted MSE offer

I was wanting to check how much insurance would cost myself but after selecting the make.."MG"... none of the insurance sites have the model "MG4" as an option for me? Am I doing something different?

I was wanting to check how much insurance would cost myself but after selecting the make.."MG"... none of the insurance sites have the model "MG4" as an option for me? Am I doing something different?
Compare the market now has the MG4 listed under “MG Motor UK”

Not many providers show up on the quotes though.

Money supermarket have it too as does Admiral when getting a quote direct.

I don't know how you can get so cheap insurance .... I have driving licence for 11 years and 11 years NCD, cheapest what I can get is £1400 for monthly pay.

I had last year no fault claim what wasn't paid and defended.

Strange do you believe it is demographic where I live?

I couldn't see it in the list but if I entered a registration number from one of the review cars it then appeared

... anyone able to elucidate on this? - I'm having a similar challenge in that my current insurance is below £150 (VW T-Roc), but the quotes I've received todate is £500 ish! for the MG4, which has similar list price for either car (£27K)?

£487.50 for me, which I thought was reasonable for the vehicle to have business use included together with legal cover / personal cover / curtesy car and wife being on the policy too (she has a recent at fault minor bump too).

This was with Admiral.

Confused.Com - are now offering quotes for all three variants of the new MG4 - use MG Motor Co (if I recall correctly) from the pull down menu if you do not yet have a registration mark - rather than MG as the manufacturer. Quotes back from Insurances are limited in choice at the moment - Admiral, Elephant & Diamond (never heard of them) - so none of the perhaps 'bigger' names - LV still does not have the MG. But it is obviously starting to trickle through to some insurers - so I am sure the others will soon follow.

Confused.Com - are now offering quotes for all three variants of the new MG4 - use MG Motor Co (if I recall correctly) from the pull down menu if you do not yet have a registration mark - rather than MG as the manufacturer. Quotes back from Insurances are limited in choice at the moment - Admiral, Elephant & Diamond (never heard of them) - so none of the perhaps 'bigger' names - LV still does not have the MG. But it is obviously starting to trickle through to some insurers - so I am sure the others will soon follow.
I believe Admiral, Elephant and Diamond are all the same company.

£487.50 for me, which I thought was reasonable for the vehicle to have business use included together with legal cover / personal cover / curtesy car and wife being on the policy too (she has a recent at fault minor bump too).

This was with Admiral.
Just used the same information to compare the meerkat knackers to the Money Supermarket most annoying adverts ever company and managed to shave a few quid off, for the same lowest quote (from Admiral).

down to £459.00 with the Meerkat Knackers.

When the ZS first came out the facelift, all insurance quotes were though the roof they will come down as more insurance company's list it.
Thanks for the heads up! - it looks like the same is happening here, 2 days ago (via quidco compare), I could select the MG4 listed on the system, but no one would provide a quote, read through the comments here, tried again, and this time, admiral (and group of companies) came back with a best quote of £450, so heading in the right direction, as more insurance companies list it - it looks like its going to come in a similar price to the ZS EV, once the others join in?

Just done a quote based on my last quote but with an MG4 Trophy instead and cheapest quote was £707 😂
Guess I won't be using Admiral or it's any of it's pseudonyms.

My quote is still shocking £1700 annually and I checked with Megane e tech same details £450 for car what is £7000 more expensive. Struggling to understand insurance politics

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back