Intelligent Octopus MG4 switching from Octopus Go

Adb2024

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Does anyone have a Zappi charger V3 and an MG4 long range and has recently switched over to Intelligent Octopus? Just wondering how it went. I don't want to switch if it's unreliable as switching back to Go would mean I need to wait 30 days under Octopus terms and conditions. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved from GO to IOG a month ago. Completely seamless transfer, apart from Octopus failing to bill me for electricity and had to remind them about this. Don’t touch the Zappi now. Loving IOG.

OK thanks I assume you need to cancel all schedule charges from the ismart app, although as the new ismart app is temperamental at best maybe it's best cancelling schedule charges in the car itself?

OK thanks I assume you need to cancel all schedule charges from the ismart app, although as the new ismart app is temperamental at best maybe it's best cancelling schedule charges in the car itself?
Yes, everything cancelled and Zappi left on Eco+. I have the iSMART battery maximum at 80% by default, changing to 100% for a full, balancing charge. Otherwise I simply request the percentage battery charge on the Octopus app. Couldn’t really be less painless.

Same with me - Zappi installed October, moved to Octopus in November from Eon Drive.

Get home, plug in and charge times all sorted before I'm in the house. Only thing ever need to change is the time you want the car ready by and the % to add.

No schedules are set in the car or the Zappi.

Same here too, Zappi installed mid October, already with Octopus so moved to the GO tariff at that point, Mid December switched to Intelligent GO and no issues, its just “plug & play”

Yep, switched from Go to Intelligent when I had the Zappi v2 installed in November. Works brilliantly, no issues.

Probably a dumb question... however i have literally switched to OI and had my Zappi installed. The percentage to add on app... is that percentage of the total battery or adding to the existing percentage on the vehicle?

If your car is at 20% and you want it full then you want to add 80%.

Just be aware that it makes it slightly difficult to do a complete balance charge as Octopus will turn it off before it is completed.

Just add around 5% to what you need. This accounts for losses, and gives a bit of headroom for the balancing at the end of the charge.

At least that's what I do with an Ohme charger.

I always have mine set on Octopus to add 80% and finish by 4am. Even if I only need 60%. The car is set to only charge to 80% so it stops at that, plus it means the Zappi will start charging earlier .... sometimes even at 7.30pm .... and you still only pay the reduced 7p/KW intelligent octopus fee.

Does anyone know why this would be the case. I’ve signed up for intelligent go and have the devices tab to schedule charging, but the tariff has updated to ordinary go instead of intelligent.
IMG_1577.png

IMG_1578.png

Does anyone know why this would be the case. I’ve signed up for intelligent go and have the devices tab to schedule charging, but the tariff has updated to ordinary go instead of intelligent. View attachment 26061
View attachment 26062
It can 24 hours for the tariff to show correctly.
You must be on IOG judging by the screen shot. Do you always arrive home at 0% so need 100% added by your departure time of 0430?

No, I just leave it on 100% and have it set in the iSMART app to 80% usually so it always goes to that amount. Saves me having to check what percentage the car is on and then work out how much to add.

I’ve noticed that even during a smart scheduled period it’s still charging me full price for the electric.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 509 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back