IONITY chargers

I've used the Ionity chargers at Peterborough services on numerous occasions over the last 18 months. they have become more & more busy. They are going to need a lot more chargers at this popular stop.

Just to offer a heads up, one of the filling stations on the A46 just east of the A1 junction, they have installed numerous 150kWh chargers, there's an instore Greggs etc, so might be worth a look if you're passing on either the A1 or A46, as it's east of the junction on a dual carriageway, don't be worried as there's a roundabout down at the showground, about 1/2 a mile, didn't notice the name on the chargers though, hope that clears this sad story up.

Last edited:
Just to offer a heads up, one of the filling stations on the A46 just east of the A1 junction, they have installed numerous fast chargers, there's an instore Greggs etc, so might be worth a look if you're passing on either the A1 or A46, as it's east of the junction on a dual carriageway, don't be worried as there's a roundabout down at the showground, about 1/2 a mile, didn't notice the name on the chargers though, sorry.
Not sure a fast charger would suit if wanting a quick charge on a long journey.

Sorry for the misinformation, I only glanced at them whilst exiting the services, I thought they were 150kW chargers, which I assumed were likely to be 'fast chargers'
I'm intrigued - they don't yet show on any of the apps that I have.
We are going to have to do something about the naming of chargers. We surely cant go on calling 7kW "fast".

Sorry for the misinformation, I only glanced at them whilst exiting the services, I thought they were 150kW chargers, which I assumed were likely to be 'fast chargers'
150kW are rapid/ultra rapid chargers. Fast chargers (despite the name) are the 7/22 kW type you have at home or at work etc.

I agree with Gomev but I wouldn’t sweat it different people seem to use different names lol
But if we all use different names for the same thing how the heck do we know what anybody is talking about ?

But if we all use different names for the same thing how the heck do we know what anybody is talking about ?
I probably just worded that wrong. I was saying do not worry about using the wrong name as it can be confusing at first. I agree we should all use the same names :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom