iPhone pairing MG4

Paul225

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
iPhone pairing for MG4 - I have been in touch with Apple iPhone and they are taking my request to a higher level and will come back next week - this is the current messsge :-

1 If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display and select it.
2 Restart your iPhone and your car.
3 Use Siri on all your Apple devices.
4 If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If Content & Privacy Restrictions is on, tap Allowed Apps, and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
5 Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Use CarPlay with your iPhone.
6 Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

Hope we might get someone with iPhone pairing !!

This from apple - and tonight my iPhone remained paired with MG4 -
Noted! What we can do is try to rest your network settings on the phone. With resetting the network, we will need to re-enter any passwords saved such as your wifi connections. Would that troubleshooting step be someitng we are willing to try?

Okay, let's try the reset by performing the following. Once completed, we can attempt the connection when you are back to the car and see if that remedies the connection issue. Sounds like a plan?

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings

TBH, wired Carplay with our SE is easily the most unfathomable issue we have had since launch and seems to have no rhyme or reason as to why it works or not.

Sometimes the phone will connect first time after being plugged in and remain flawlessly connected for a long journey, only for later in the day on the return journey to not be able to connect at all, only momentarily flashing up the Carplay option on the headunit and briefly showing a 'connection auth popup for a split second' on the phone screen which disappears before you can tap it.

We've had my iphone work one day and not another, and at the same time where it won;t accept my iphone, my wifes iphone will work and then vice versa they'll swap around.

I;ve tried clearing all carplay connection settings in the devices, sometimes it shows as MG, sometimes it shows as SAIC.....I can only assume theres some handshake issue inherrent to the MG software that's hit and miss as to which gets recognised by the phone allowing the connection....it all just seems so random, so I hope they've got a fix in the next round of firmware updates.

r13 here......tried a few things out over the weekend, and seems as though there's some headunit tomfoolery going on rather than anything on the phones themselves.

So if my iPhone is paired to the car and was auto connecting via bluetooth before my wifes iPhone is plugged in for Carplay usage, it prevents her phone from establishing a wired Carplay connection.
If I unpair my iPhone from the car, then her iPhones wired Carplay connection will establish after a while and remain connected.
Not sure if this is 100% repeatable yet or could work vice versa e.g. preventing mine from connecting for wired Carplay as I had happen if hers or another iphone is connected to bluetooth, but its given me something to go on.

Anyone noticed that after software R46 the Home Screen is replaced by air on when you first get into your MG4 ?? Dealer said if you switch off air con when you leave the car the home page shows when you next get in it - it’s possibly another bug !!

Anyone noticed that after software R46 the Home Screen is replaced by air on when you first get into your MG4 ?? Dealer said if you switch off air con when you leave the car the home page shows when you next get in it - it’s possibly another bug !!
Same here but not too concerned as I just swipe up.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back