Is a ZS EV facelift imminent?

nuppar

Standard Member
Reaction score
Noticable how many MG dealers are now discounting new ZS EV's by around £9,000. Are they trying to shift stock because a new ZS EV is about to arrive? Any rumours about what the likely changes will be & when will arrive? The recent non EV ZS facelift seems likely but a 200 mile plus range also hopefully!

Or are they just trying to get a deal good footing with the brand during these difficult times as nothing has popped up on YouTube about a potential facelift EV version yet....

I never heard that SAIC had a plan to improve ZS EV. But there is still a probability.

the current version of ZS EV has a battery of 44.5kwh with 335km NEDC range, less than 400km which is the bottom range to get chinese gov's grant this year. So maybe SAIC can use the same battery with ROEWE Ei5(MG5 SW EV) which is 52.5kwh with 420km NEDC range to meet the gov's grant policy.

But I never heard any rumor about this.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post. There is so much space under the car where the petrol tank locates it is possible to fit a second battery pack there.
I would consider paying for a retro fit second pack instead of buying a new car.
It would add quite a bit more weight though.

£9000 discount inclusive of £3000 government grant of course...

Add to this, the car has never actually cost more than £24k at most to buy the entry model since it was first available, with some scheme or other in place no one has ever had to pay full list price, so the best current discounts after the grant are at the very most about £4k in reality.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post. There is so much space under the car where the petrol tank locates it is possible to fit a second battery pack there.
I would consider paying for a retro fit second pack instead of buying a new car.
Me too, that’s a great idea

@Kithmo that’s true, I guess you’re looking at suspension and brake upgrade plus cooling /software mods.
I may not have thought this through 🥴

@Kithmo that’s true, I guess you’re looking at suspension and brake upgrade plus cooling /software mods.
I may not have thought this through 🥴
Although if the battery is small enough to fit there it may just be light enough to carry away by thieves.

the battery package includes control system and cooling/warming system, i don't think it is just a sample ADDING another small battery, the whole battery package must need to be redesigned and replaced by a new one.

I'd be up for one...if it is ever became available as an upgrade. I'm sure battery technology has moved on, so that the could get increased range from a similar size / weight battery.

Again following the general sentiment here,,as most will know I love my ZS EV it’s fantastic value for money (Even if I didn’t get the discounts that some have achieved - No I’m not bitter😞), but I will certainly be looking at MG again if an upgrade appears on the market and if they continue to be as competitive on price as they currently are...the only thing I crave is a little more range 200+ on motorway speeds with heating / aircon etc and I would be as happy as a pig in mud...

I did read an Autocar article containing an interview with the UK head of MG where it was said that the HS can be electrified like the ZS. I guess as a bigger car it could hold a larger battery but also be a bit less efficient than the ZS, 200 plus should be possible though.

The only real, feasible, option for a battery upgrade is if the new larger ZS battery is in the same bolt in format as the current car. Then the connections all need to have remained unchanged, and MG need to care enough about this being an option to allow a software upgrade to liaise with the new larger battery.

Then it has to not be priced ridiculously...

Seems a nice idea, but I think it's going to be a very unlikely option for us indeed.

I wouldn't dismiss the idea.....I'd be up for it and wouldn't mind paying a substantial sum for some sort of upgrade in range. .....we can live in hope...;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom