Is a ZS EV facelift imminent?

When do you think there will be facelift for the EV?
On MG UK's site, only the newer (facelift?) ZS (ICE) is displayed. On Australian sites, they mention the newer ZS (ICE) being called ZST, and will be sold alongside the current ZS, for at least a year.
This makes me think twice about buying the current ZS EV - I wonder if there will be a ZS EV facelift in a year or two.

They talk about the newer ZS being more refined, have a larger and more responsive 10 inch infotainment system, a full digital dash display (which looks amazing in my opinion!), LED headlights and taillights, and more.
Have a look:

I think I would be disappointed in buying a 2021 ZS EV, just to see that about a year after, a newer model comes out to the market (with all those great new features).
Also, how much more than the current ZS EV do you think it would cost (I guess that it will depend mainly on battery size, but the price of kWh is going down too, maybe not enough in 2 years...).

I'd like you hear your thoughts...

When do you think there will be facelift for the EV?
On MG UK's site, only the newer (facelift?) ZS (ICE) is displayed. On Australian sites, they mention the newer ZS (ICE) being called ZST, and will be sold alongside the current ZS, for at least a year.
This makes me think twice about buying the current ZS EV - I wonder if there will be a ZS EV facelift in a year or two.

They talk about the newer ZS being more refined, have a larger and more responsive 10 inch infotainment system, a full digital dash display (which looks amazing in my opinion!), LED headlights and taillights, and more.
Have a look:

I think I would be disappointed in buying a 2021 ZS EV, just to see that about a year after, a newer model comes out to the market (with all those great new features).
Also, how much more than the current ZS EV do you think it would cost (I guess that it will depend mainly on battery size, but the price of kWh is going down too, maybe not enough in 2 years...).

I'd like you hear your thoughts...

You could wait forever for facelifts to come out, my philosophy is, if I like what's on offer now and it has what I need, I buy it. Why go without for another year or two when you can have what is one of, if not the, best value EV currently on the market.

You could wait forever for facelifts to come out, my philosophy is, if I like what's on offer now and it has what I need, I buy it. Why go without for another year or two when you can have what is one of, if not the, best value EV currently on the market.
I agree, the new facelift is out, and I guess it will come eventually to the EV, but then it may not as there is nothing in the news and the car reviewers get to know what’s going on long before we do..

Well, in general I'm not in a hurry (I want a 2021 model at least anyways).
I accept what you guys are saying, that it doesn't seem like the ZS EV facelift is that close...
Because I'm planning to keep the car for at least 3-4 years, I didn't want to be disappointed that I made a wrong decision, and moved to quickly.

Anyways, I'm gonna do a test drive next week (can't wait!).
Thanks for you opinions.

Another reason that they may be selling lots cheaply.... so they don't have to pay lots of money to the EU in fines as the fleet CO2 is too high.... and it may cost less to discount than pay the fines.... plus they have joined VW I understand, so have to sell boat loads of EV's.

Oh, they are LOL.

Get mine next Monday mg zs ev, can't wait, but should I have waited till next year ?? Time will tell

There’s always a niggle in the back of your mind when buying new that a new model may appear shortly. I tend to look at what the deal is. If existing models are heavily discounted then they may represent good value for money even if a new model appears - it’s all about the deal. Of course heavy discounting hits residual values hard too. I’ll be interesting to see how used ZS EV values hold up after 3 Years. New models don’t tend to be given the same level of discount - at least initially anyway. With the current ZS EV available in top specification for under £21k at the moment it looks a great buy. If A new model ZS EV appears the list price at top specification is likely to be £32k+ before discounts, and even more if the battery pack is larger. This is speculation of course. But if you hang on, you’re likely to pay around £26-£28k for a facelift compared to under £21k now for existing model. Guesswork on my part. The MG EV sits in a space where heavy discounting is the norm. The profile of the make and model drives this. Without discounts they wouldn’t sell anywhere near as many cars. As MG develops its market presence their strategy may change. One final point to note is that EV cars with bigger batteries tend to hold better residual values. For example after 3 years a car with a 40kw battery and a usable range of 120miles might degrade by 15% eating into the usability even more.

Could a 67kWh+ battery be in the offing? Just seen this on a dealers January marketing site:-

If you’re a fan of stylish models that will also help to reduce your carbon footprint, then the all-new ZS EV SUV is the perfect model for you. Under the bonnet lies a single electric motor that drives the front wheels and produces 148bhp and 350Nm of torque. It will also be able to travel for around 266 miles between charges – plenty of range for wherever the adventure may take you. We certainly can’t wait to get our hands on this model, now available with the following features:
  • Rear Parking Camera
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
  • Air Conditioning with odour and pollutant filter

Interesting. Can you share the site details?

Could a 67kWh+ battery be in the offing? Just seen this on a dealers January marketing site:-

If you’re a fan of stylish models that will also help to reduce your carbon footprint, then the all-new ZS EV SUV is the perfect model for you. Under the bonnet lies a single electric motor that drives the front wheels and produces 148bhp and 350Nm of torque. It will also be able to travel for around 266 miles between charges – plenty of range for wherever the adventure may take you. We certainly can’t wait to get our hands on this model, now available with the following features:
  • Rear Parking Camera
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
  • Air Conditioning with odour and pollutant filter
Are you sure it didn't say 266 km (165 miles), if not then it could be a typo ?

Are you sure it didn't say 266 km (165 miles), if not then it could be a typo ?
Good point but why would a British dealer talk in km. Link below

Good point but why would a British dealer talk in km. Link below

I think it's either a typo (the 2 should be a 1) or they're wrongly quoting the highest WLTP, Summer, urban mpg which is 231 miles.

266km translates nicely to the 165 miles, also says now available, well......

266km translates nicely to the 165 miles, also says now available, well......
Yes I reckon it must be old marketing information from 2019 when facts were not clear as almost all other dealers link to the same official marketing page when you enquire about offers and not to this page. Hendy Crawley is not shown on Stuart's dealer map so are they official MG dealers?

Just checked the small print further down the offer and it says for purchases between Jan 1 and March 2021 so must be latest offer?

Just checked the small print further down the offer and it says for purchases between Jan 1 and March 2021 so must be latest offer?
Might be worth checking out, if it's for real.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom