• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Is an MG ZS EV facelift imminent?

nheather

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking at purchasing an EV and the MG ZS EV is still on the shortlist, vying for the top spot.

But I have just noticed that the petrol MG ZS has had a facelift with several improvements including

LED headlights
Improved body style - better looking front and back
Better looking ‘leather‘ seats
10” screen in place of the 8” screen
Nicer wheels

This makes me a little nervous buying an MG ZS EV - don’t want to do that only to find that in a couple of months there is a nicer model available.

Anyone heard any news or rumours?

Cheers,

Nigel

Nothing has been mentioned yet, but I believe it will eventually come, but this may not be for quite sometime, perhaps this will be the new 65 kWh version that they are talking about in 2021...perhaps you could email MG and ask the question.

Nothing has been mentioned yet, but I believe it will eventually come, but this may not be for quite sometime, perhaps this will be the new 65 kWh version that they are talking about in 2021...perhaps you could email MG and ask the question.

I have emailed MG, no response yet but they haven’t had it long.

The worst thing they can do though is ‘don’t know’ which is what I am half expecting, because that just makes me very nervous and would probably push me away from MG.

If they came back and said October I would probably wait. If they said next summer I would probably go with the current model. But if they are vague then I won’t be able to make a decision.

Cheers,

Nigel

If you think how long the ZS was out before they even released the EV it would be my guess, and it is only a guess with the EV officially on sale from September 2019 that it wouldn’t be released as the EV update for at least a year and as stated perhaps the facelift version will be the new longer range version they have spoken about in 2021...

If you think how long the ZS was out before they even released the EV it would be my guess, and it is only a guess with the EV officially on sale from September 2019 that it wouldn’t be released as the EV update for at least a year and as stated perhaps the facelift version will be the new longer range version they have spoken about in 2021...
I have no idea how long the ZS has been out - to be honest I wasn’t even aware that MG were still in existence until I started looking at EVs.

Cheers,

Nigel

Only just released in the EV late last years so about 9 months now..

I know about the EV, you asked if I realised how long the MG ZS has been out.

Any googled now

MG ZS - 2017
MG ZS EV - 2018

Not sure what you can deduce from this. Going to see the new ZS later today, will see what the dealer says.

Cheers,

Nigel

The EV was only released in the UK market at the end of 2019 and has been selling well. If you look at the EV you need to ask if the comfort 2 updates have been applied to the demo car as it makes such a difference to the whole driving experience.

It seems cosmetic facelifts take place about 2-4years. Since the MG Zs Ev is fairly new I would think they would want to launch new products first before they do a facelift etc.

The EV was only released in the UK market at the end of 2019 and has been selling well. If you look at the EV you need to ask if the comfort 2 updates have been applied to the demo car as it makes such a difference to the whole driving experience.
What are the comfort 2 updates - is that the one to calm down the boings, stop the radio coming on at full blast - the one that costs £85.

If so then no, it didn’t have it, the salesman made great lengths to mention it and say they would apply it for free in a car we bought.

Cheers,

Nigel

Yes it is and much more asides too, please see the link below

Or

Or

This new 2nd generation of Comfort System Operation includes changes to:

Faster system self-check when powering ‘ON’
Infotainment volume maintains and restarts at previous volume setting after powering ON/OFF
Auto High Beam system disable option available in menu settings
General warning chime quality improvements and reduced volume
Warning chimes reduced for MG Pilot and Key Reminder
Vehicle temperature and temperature alarm featured in the instrument display
Vehicle range always on display in instrument pack
Vehicle can be unlocked during A/C charging, when re-locked charging automatically resumes

comfort 2 updates include; reduced bongs, no horn blasts on exit, faster start up etc.

The update is free, and all cars made after June come with it. I ordered a ZS EV for Septermber to avoid comfortgate. (some dealers are charging for installation of update, but that shouldn't apply to new owners.)

I doubt there will be a face lift of the ZS EV until 2022. It's only been out a year or so.

There are other MG evs coming like the MG 5 EV and the Emotion.

The emotion is the one I would opt for if I didn’t have three kids, what a car to look at and the spec looks very interesting.

Love the MG e- motion. Looks fantastic in red with white seats .Cannot wait for more information.

Kids flown the nest ,so in market for a nice sports car but need enough space to fit the golf equipment and from releases supposed to be around 30K .Hopefully will give a longer range and 0-60 in min seconds .

Kids flown the nest ,so in market for a nice sports car but need enough space to fit the golf equipment and from releases supposed to be around 30K .Hopefully will give a longer range and 0-60 in min seconds .

MG Motor has presented its pure electric MG E-motion concept car from the 2017 Shanghai International Automotive Show, a model that could actually enter production around 2020.

The British brand pegs a 0-62 mph (100km/h) time in less than four seconds, and also notes more than 310 miles (500 km) of range.

But more important that estimated specs and concept cars, is that MG UK's sales and marketing boss, Matthew Cheyne, told Autocar that price of this model could be less than £30,000 ($38,500) and it will indeed see the light of day.

Just been to the dealer and had a look at the new MG ZS. I know it is personal opinion, but for me its looks blow the EV away.

The seats are probably very similar, but the red stitching and the MG logo makes them look so much more.

The 10" infotainment screen is a big improvement over the 8".

Then there is the electronic dash - the dealer powered it on - wow it looks amazing.

Then outside - I think the front and back ends and the wheels look much better - but again you could say that is person opinion - but presumably MG agree otherwise they wouldn't have done it.

Then there are LED headlights, you have fog lights where previously there were none. And there is a 360 camera.

And all that for under £18k. If the EV looked like that I'd put in an order today - and that leaves me with loads of anxiety that if I bought an EV today that a new one with those features is release before the end of the year.

The dealer said they haven't been told anything but admitted that it could happen, they simply don't know.

To be honest, if it were me, I'd consider buying the petrol MG.

But my wife is now fixed on an EV even though with her driving pattern (about 6000 miles per year) she won't even come close to offsetting the additional cost. She started off set on a Leaf (just because her friend has one), I got her to look at the MG and she was being swayed but now I think the idea of missing out on a facelift is pushing her back towards the Leaf.

Cheers,

Nigel

Well which ever way you go good luck and the savings that you will make on an EV compared to regular fuel is very noticeable, I’m saving about £220 per month.
By the way I do agree about the wheels that they should have been bigger and some on the forum have made these changes, but for me it serves me well and at the moment as a company car saves me a lots of money.

Just been to the dealer and had a look at the new MG ZS. I know it is personal opinion, but for me its looks blow the EV away.

The seats are probably very similar, but the red stitching and the MG logo makes them look so much more.

The 10" infotainment screen is a big improvement over the 8".

Then there is the electronic dash - the dealer powered it on - wow it looks amazing.

Then outside - I think the front and back ends and the wheels look much better - but again you could say that is person opinion - but presumably MG agree otherwise they wouldn't have done it.

Then there are LED headlights, you have fog lights where previously there were none. And there is a 360 camera.

And all that for under £18k. If the EV looked like that I'd put in an order today - and that leaves me with loads of anxiety that if I bought an EV today that a new one with those features is release before the end of the year.

The dealer said they haven't been told anything but admitted that it could happen, they simply don't know.

To be honest, if it were me, I'd consider buying the petrol MG.

But my wife is now fixed on an EV even though with her driving pattern (about 6000 miles per year) she won't even come close to offsetting the additional cost. She started off set on a Leaf (just because her friend has one), I got her to look at the MG and she was being swayed but now I think the idea of missing out on a facelift is pushing her back towards the Leaf.

Cheers,

Nigel
Unless you do a lot of local driving and work from home / semi- retired etc I would not get the Ev. Cons - More expensive outlay, limited range, Charger infrastructure limited in areas and since it is fairly new reliability not known are things to consider.A hybrid may be an option to consider before you make the big move as I have done.End of the day go with what makes you happy as a car purchase is a big decision, Good Luck

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom