• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Is an MG ZS EV facelift imminent?

I’ve done 7800 miles for business from Essex to Birmingham to Berkshire and Sheppy. I may have been lucky, but I’ve never had any issues with anything mentioned, I just plan my journey and allow time for mishaps. I would never go back to an ICE or hybrids from the world of electric.

The ZS gets a facelift after three years, I would expect similar timeline for ZS EV.

Although I agree they should use the new styling with a bigger battery ASAP.

Well which ever way you go good luck and the savings that you will make on an EV compared to regular fuel is very noticeable, I’m saving about £220 per month.
By the way I do agree about the wheels that they should have been bigger and some on the forum have made these changes, but for me it serves me well and at the moment as a company car saves me a lots of money.

And that depends on individual situation. As a company car owner you may be benefiting from effective salary sacrifice and 0% BiK, plus it sounds like you do plenty of miles.

For my wife it will be a private car and realistically she does about 6000 miles per annum.

An EV will save around £65 per month

Saving money is not the main drive - if it were it would fall at the first hurdle.

Cheers,

Nigel

Saving money was not my first priority either. I love the technology but the prime reason for me buying, first hybrids, then the MG, was the ease of driving. I had a knee operation some years ago that sometimes plays up and makes it difficult to hold a clutch down so I went to automatics. First a diesel 2008 Mondeo Mk4, which was okay but noisy, then a succession of Priuses, which were very relaxing and easy to drive and now the MG which is also relaxing and easy to drive. The savings on running costs were a bonus, but my low mileage means they are not really a priority.

Unless you do a lot of local driving and work from home / semi- retired etc I would not get the Ev. Cons - More expensive outlay, limited range, Charger infrastructure limited in areas and since it is fairly new reliability not known are things to consider.A hybrid may be an option to consider before you make the big move as I have done.End of the day go with what makes you happy as a car purchase is a big decision, Good Luck

I think you might be in the wrong forum. Slagging off the ZS EV and suggesting people not buy it is going to go down like a lead balloon around here... lol!! :ROFLMAO:

The EV will easily do 150 miles plus all the time in normal use, It also charges in under an hour for longer trips. We use ours as our main car, there are no issues at all for any useage pattern with the exception of very high mileage users.

Last edited:
I think you might be in the wrong forum. Slagging off the ZS EV and suggesting people not buy it is going to go down like a lead balloon around here... lol!! :ROFLMAO:

The EV will easily do 150 miles plus all the time in normal use, It also charges in under an hour for longer trips. We use ours as our main car, there are no issues at all for any useage pattern with the exception of very high mileage users.
It is a free country and everyone is entitled to their opinion.Also the post was only in response to buying the Ev to the other model the person wanted to buy.Furthermore if it is bought as a business car the EV has great advantages which came into place in April 2020 and Vat can be written off.This is the idea of being a forum so people can share views and as with anything people have their own opinions and are entitled to it!!,

I have emailed MG, no response yet but they haven’t had it long.

The worst thing they can do though is ‘don’t know’ which is what I am half expecting, because that just makes me very nervous and would probably push me away from MG.

If they came back and said October I would probably wait. If they said next summer I would probably go with the current model. But if they are vague then I won’t be able to make a decision.

Cheers,

Nigel
I heard from my dealer that anew face lift for the EV is to be in early 2022.

Mg uk are looking at late summer 2022 for the face lift zs ev it will have a revised front star field grill. Slightly bigger battery revised interior full screen instruments cluster updated infotainment screen better software.
Changes to suspension setting making for a better ride and less skipping when turning on uneven surfaces.

Mg uk are looking at late summer 2022 for the face lift zs ev it will have a revised front star field grill. Slightly bigger battery revised interior full screen instruments cluster updated infotainment screen better software.
Changes to suspension setting making for a better ride and less skipping when turning on uneven surfaces.
Where did you obtain this information from?? Is this a reliable source?.

Looking at purchasing an EV and the MG ZS EV is still on the shortlist, vying for the top spot.

But I have just noticed that the petrol MG ZS has had a facelift with several improvements including

LED headlights
Improved body style - better looking front and back
Better looking ‘leather‘ seats
10” screen in place of the 8” screen
Nicer wheels

This makes me a little nervous buying an MG ZS EV - don’t want to do that only to find that in a couple of months there is a nicer model available.

Anyone heard any news or rumours?

Cheers,

Nigel
With that attitude you would never buy anything for fear of something better coming in the future. Don't be an idiot, just buy and enjoy life whilst you can !

Again a bit harsh..but I agree with the main sentiment.

I've recently been reminded of the frailty of life.....dont put things off, is my advice. you never know what's around the corner.

Where did you obtain this information from?? Is this a reliable source?.
Hi cannot give to much but my friend is closely connected to Saic and they been right about other launches. They have stocks of the current ev which need to be reduced as sales have been hit hard also there is homologation work to be conpleted with the new uk regulator and eu but they are working to clear current stocks with some special editions like the black model and the £8000 trade in deal more will come in the next 12 month.if they can get the new car here quicker they will but it got to be right and seen as a progression. Its important for MG to be seen as progressive quality brand and not a budget chinese brand.
But alot depends on building sales and dealer image.They are aware that its important that the image is right they are not a pile high sell cheap car company.
They also want he Ev range to build as it own brand and not just a ev version of a ice car.

I understand it’s a stop gap but everything about it screams budget Chinese car they’ve rushed to market - exact opposite of what our man here is saying they want to be seen for.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom