Is Android Auto working on your MG4 ?

Juraj

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I've got my MG4 Trophy in November 2022 and generally speaking I like it! I've had few issues with infotainment software (flashing and jumping screens etc...) at the beginning but most of them either disappear or been sorted by software update except of one. Android Auto (including Google maps and navigation) was working fine for first about half of year but then started to stop intermittently until stopped working/connecting completely. I've tried different cables and mobiles and Android versions but no luck at all. I hoped that software retrofit done during 1st year service helps but unfortunately hasn't and Android Auto is not working until today.
Has anybody else got the same or similar problem with some remedies?

Hi, I just have some black screens from time to time, which seem to be a cable/connector problem. If I disconnect/reconnect the cable it works again.
Have you tried with another phone?

I used to get an issue (very occasionally) in my November '22 SE SR where the screen would go black and AA wouldn't come up (I could still get back to the car's Home screen), but since the latest updates it hasn't black screened once.

PS - please update the Driving: part of your profile. I've replied based on that, then noticed your post text says Trophy.

Apologies for any assumptions however, we're not able to see precisely what you're doing.

The very best cables to use (in my honest opinion) are Anker. These would definitely do the trick.

The next thing to try would be to plug in an iPhone to see if Apple CarPlay works.

If CarPlay works, this might indicate an issue with your Android device(s).

If CarPlay doesn't work, this might indicate an issue with the head unit, unfortunately requiring a visit to a dealership for possibly some new hardware or software.

I'm not sure of any menu options for disabling/enabling Android Auto/Apple CarPlay but, you may want to go through all of the options on every screen just to make sure for yourself.

If you're still having bother, and if you're able to... grab a 2nd device and upload a short video of what you're doing so we can all see.

I know you have tried different cables but it's essential they are high speed.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back