Is it the same in the UK.

OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I have been searching the French MG ads for the MG4 and recently there are four for general sale, brand new in the Dordogne, and of course other places, ie they have recently been delivered. I have had one on order since November in the Correze and as of yet no sign of delivery even though the dealer committed to a 6 month time scale. I was under the impression that since the new year SAIC was making cars to order and delivering to dealers along those lines rather than giving dealers ad hoc or hobsons choices. Is this the same in the UK or indeed Spain Germany or beyond. I would really like to join the party!

AFAIK dealers in the UK can order cars for themselves to distribute as they see fit.
I got mine last month from dealer stock.

See my sig line. I walked into the dealer on Saturday for a test drive and drove off in my new car on Thursday. He had the exact car I wanted sitting waiting to be prepped for delivery. Someone else on the forum bought an identical car from the same dealer two weeks before me. It just depends on whether a dealer has what you want.

Another local dealer's web site said they had no stock, so I didn't even go there.

My local dealer didn't have any showing on their website but when I rang them up to enquire about the 0% finance PCP that was to run to the end of June and to see if they could supply one before the deal ended and they said yes they had 2 Trophies in stock.

My local dealer didn't have any showing on their website but when I rang them up to enquire about the 0% finance PCP that was to run to the end of June and to see if they could supply one before the deal ended and they said yes they had 2 Trophies in stock.
Don’t forget there may still be hundreds of cancelled orders out there. We had the opportunity to buy either the MG4 TLR and ZS TLR (which we bought) and have delivered inside two months.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back