peterseddon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
[ Moderator: Please use this thread for all iSmart 2.x related issues. Otherwise, we end up with dozens of posts about the various issues, and the solutions are spread out over all those posts.

This early post got replied to recently, and I merged it with this iSmart 2.x thread by mistake. There are only 2 posts involved, no harm done. ]

The iSmart app is very temperamental, more often than not it refuses to connect to the server or the car wont connect to the server. It's very annoying in this cold weather when I want to preheat the car. Think it was written by the same chap that wrote he infotainment software, both are flaky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is the same. To add to it, mine shows me outdated info. It looks like it connects fine and shows me the correct location, but the charge level is completely off. Say shows 75% when it's 49%.

I'm one of those idiots who only use public chargers as I live in a flat so please spare me your abuse. The app has tricked me several times when I didn't pay attention to the battery state.

Not massive hassle but still.

Hope they get it more stable at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who clicked update on the android app today and is looking for the target percent charge option that used to be on the battery picture, it is now hidden in the hexagonal cog wheel setting icon at top right.. it's a drop down field on the settings screen that appears after clicking the cog.

It's a bit buggy, getting token errors for timeout and had to clear cache to be able to login a few times

I am having similar issues. Not able to log in to the app. Logged in once, after that it timed out and is unable to hit their login endpoint. One thing I really don't like is that its only light themed. Previous one was dark themed so a lot easier on the eye. I'll try it out in the evening, hopefully its a bit stable. My digital key seems to have been gone as well. I use that quite a bit as my wife uses the key. If the app isnt up and running soon then I will have to go get the second key.

Just downloaded the IOS version - seems stable enough, the proof will be if it drops like previously for no apparent reason. Agree prefer the dark mode, and it's OK for me that the battery % is hidden. Had the car just over a month, and I am completely converted to EV (previously had Petrol Jag XF, so a total change)

Installed the update but now can't get the app to start - just a white screen with the logo in the middle. Any ideas?

Just downloaded the new iOS version. Now doesn’t recognise my login details and won’t even let me re-register 🤬

Just downloaded the new iOS version. Now doesn’t recognise my login details and won’t even let me re-register 🤬
A new user interface but with the same crap performance (as usual) behind it. I logged in but it would not connect, now can’t even log in at all.

A new user interface but with the same crap performance (as usual) behind it. I logged in but it would not connect, now can’t even log in at all.
I deleted the updated app and reinstalled from the App Store. No difference. Thanks MG

I think they need a day or so to settle in with the demand. Don't think their cloud infrastructure is architected to scale so rapidly with demand.

Just tried to use the App ( ZS EV ) and it requested the new update ( IOS Apple ),
Then wanted my sign in details.
This worked okay and I have the new interface.
Not used it really, it ran the health check okay ?.

IMG_2160.png

IMG_2161.png

For anyone who clicked update on the android app today and is looking for the target percent charge option that used to be on the battery picture, it is now hidden in the hexagonal cog wheel setting icon at top right.. it's a drop down field on the settings screen that appears after clicking the cog.

It's a bit buggy, getting token errors for timeout and had to clear cache to be able to login a few times
I noticed the app had updated when I put the car on charge an hour ago. Had to re-login and re-enter the digital key, which all seemed to work ok. Took me a minute to find charging management 🙄 Seriously hope the new version is going to be more reliable...and why only the white option? I liked the dark version.🤣

I installed the MG ISmart in the new phone. I can't set it up with my mg zs ew. I don't get the codes and I don't know how to get. Help! Thanks to anyone who can help me. Roberto

Updated to 2.01 and can only get blank black screen now.
(Have posted this too on general forum as it might affect t all MG iSmart users)
Hope they fix and re-publish.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom