Deleted the old App then installed the new version from the App Store ( IOS ) last night, work okay but this morning, but I had to sign in with my password AGAIN !.
Preheated the car via the new App this morning, worked okay 👍.

You’ll find the battery heating timer under the icon in the top right.

Attachments

• IMG_2817.jpeg
    IMG_2817.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 70
Same here. Someone said to delete the app and re install. Did that and could then log in. Unfortunately not a darn thing works. uninstall again deleted the account and re installed. tried to bind and app said already bound .
Started having problems unlocking passenger doors lhs. nothing worked. had to get out and open from outside. that is dangerous.
After many frustrating hours with nothing working on the app travelled home and tried old version on ipad, lo and behold it worked
New 2.0 version on phone ( android) will log on but won't connect to car MG5 fl 6onths old.
Hope I'm not the only one
Same with me no problem to login in the app, but failing to connect with the car MG5 FL, the old app work with no problem.

After all the various posts on the issues with the new version, I clicked on the update and in Play Store I uninstalled the old version before updating. The new update seems to work fine, I just needed to find my way around the new interface.

It said there had been bug fixes, but the first scan of the car still shows the sunroof open, and closed when run a second time.

Also, the colour scheme should be called Henry Ford. You can have any colour as long as it's white. :)

After all the various posts on the issues with the new version, I clicked on the update and in Play Store I uninstalled the old version before updating. The new update seems to work fine, I just needed to find my way around the new interface.

It said there had been bug fixes, but the first scan of the car still shows the sunroof open, and closed when run a second time.

Also, the colour scheme should be called Henry Ford. You can have any colour as long as it's white. :)
I uninstalled the old App and installed the new App and signed in with my password.
It works okay, but if I leave the App and return to it later, it comes up with the message and I have to sign in again with my password !.

IMG_2164.png

Updated to v2.0.1 last night - wish I hadn't ! Bring back the previous version please.
Managed to log in but remote functions don't work. It doesn't appear to scan as it did before, so no status details shown.
My main concern is the scheduled charging function. If that isn't working then I can't charge at lower EV rates unless I am prepared to connect and disconnect in the middle of the night :(
The new version is going to be harder on the eyes too.

The app is absolute rubbish…. Designed by a 3 year old
logs you out all the time
doesn't keep the saved settings
why would you want to find a “gas station’ in an electric car?
MG take a camera on holiday and go see the German software on their cars
It's a generic app for all models, fossil, hybrid and EV.

You can select the options you want displayed by pressing "More".

Update :- I have just been checking through the App again and noticed that the new white App interface I installed only yesterday is at version 2.0 ( see below ).
While browsing the App about 30 minutes ago, it flagged up another update request.
This directed me over to the App Store ( IOS ) and the version number has now increased to version 2.1. already.
MG are obviously aware they have a problem with the new white interface, as appears they have released another in version very quickly.
I have updated to version 2.1 and let’s see how that goes !.
Nope 👎.
Still logging me out !.

IMG_2166.png

IMG_2165.png

IMG_2169.png

Attachments

• IMG_2165.png
    IMG_2165.png
    359.6 KB · Views: 63
I noticed in the settings, the new App has a slide control for face recognition ( IOS ).
I have selected this but after leaving the App and returning after about 30 minutes it is
Still bringing up the “token expired notice” which means you have to use your password every single time you want to use the App !.
This is a real pain TBH.
Oh ….. When using the preheat request, the time scale has be reduced from 15 minutes to 10 minutes now ?.
This is not long enough on very cold frosty morning.
Put it back to 15 please MG 👍.

IMG_2170.jpeg

I noticed in the settings, the new App has a slide control for face recognition ( IOS ).
I have selected this but after leaving the App and returning after about 30 minutes it is
Still bringing up the “token expired notice” which means you have to use your password every single time you want to use the App !.
This is a real pain TBH.

View attachment 22307
It's worse than that, every time the token expires it resets the biometric to off and resets the units to metric. It's a PoS.

They seem to have implemented token authorisation for the app and set the token expiry for 1 hour on the server. Really the app should retain your logon creds and request a new token in the background if it has expired.

What is strange is that I have never suffered from the incorrect metric / imperial display.
Mine has always correctly shown imperial / miles ?.
Normally I never 👎 update to any new App releases until they are proven that they work.
This time, I had no option !.
It was almost like an enforced update, which is okay, as long as it is better than the last version.
That will be a NO then 👎.

I had the old APP, no problems, working grand.

I updated to the new APP and the app is saying that I cant bind to my car because my car is already binded (presumably to the old app somewhere). So how do I unbind from old app and rebind with new one >?

The car is bound to the account not the app. Likely you logged in with a different method - it seems once you register your phone to an email account (and vice versa) you can login with either email or phone number, but they are treated as separate accounts. Smells like a bug in the backend to me.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom