iSmart app.....Do I REALLY need it?

MrPeaski

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Ok, so there are multiple threads on how poor the iSmart app is and my experience is the same as many users on here.

For the first 12 months of owning the car, I couldn't set a charge level (80%, 100% etc), remote heating never worked, most time when just checking the battery level I would need to refresh multiple times to get the information.

When the car went in for its first service, I mentioned this and after a bunch of updates I can now set the charge level, and the remote heating has worked on the 2 times I've tried it.
The battery level thing is still the same.

So, for how I use the car, is it feasible to just unbind, and delete the app and run without?

Thoughts please, before I get rid of the app.

The car itself is great, especially after the service, even the dreaded LKA is ok.
Thanks

In 15 months I've never installed the app, or even paired the bluetooth. I just listen to classic FM :)
old school (y) 😊

Ok, so there are multiple threads on how poor the iSmart app is and my experience is the same as many users on here.

For the first 12 months of owning the car, I couldn't set a charge level (80%, 100% etc), remote heating never worked, most time when just checking the battery level I would need to refresh multiple times to get the information.

When the car went in for its first service, I mentioned this and after a bunch of updates I can now set the charge level, and the remote heating has worked on the 2 times I've tried it.
The battery level thing is still the same.

So, for how I use the car, is it feasible to just unbind, and delete the app and run without?

Thoughts please, before I get rid of the app.

The car itself is great, especially after the service, even the dreaded LKA is ok.
Thanks
You don't "need" the app, it's just handy to have on occasion, I guess.
I usually only use it to pre-heat the car when it's frosted over, which is handy, but not really necessary as it only takes a few minutes to defrost and demist using the front and rear demisters once you get in.

I’ve never installed the app and have gotten along just fine, but I can see how it can be convenient in the example Grriff gave. I set the charge limit on the infotainment screen and as I have a Zappi, I use its app to see when it’s finished charging.

I’ve never installed the app and have gotten along just fine, but I can see how it can be convenient in the example Grriff gave. I set the charge limit on the infotainment screen and as I have a Zappi, I use its app to see when it’s finished charging.
I do the same when charging, set the target SOC in the car then check either my smart meter monitor or my Pod point app to see if it's finished.

The app is a"nice-to-have" , not required ...
Like @Kithmo I use it to also warm up the interior , seats. Also to see the charging remotely when i leave it on a street charger.
The Thing that could be useful but havent tested is the Battery pre heating when its too cold outside
that you can schedule thru the App( but you can also schedule it on the Car itself)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back