ISmart app not binding to MG ZS EV

rprimrose

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello fellow MG EVers,

I recently purchased an ex demo MG ZS Trophy Connect and I'm having real issues trying to get my car to bind with the app.

App download and account created no problem. When I go to scan the QR code and click login I can see the car screen update with my account but the app doesn't bind to the car.

Has anyone else experienced this? Know of any fixes 🤞

Thanks

Just as a quick info update. Called the dealer they say no one was bound to that vehicle. I have also emailed support but from previous responses I'm not holding out much hope. Finally I'm using a pixel 6 on the latest version of Android (13) so unless that is causing issues? Another edit tried my wife's phone on android 11 still a no go.

Last edited:
I am getting the same, and have not been able to sort as of yet. Had my MG ZS Trophy Connect for just over 2 months.

There are so many threads about this, it's become comical. Try the search which is usually top right on the page, if you're on desktop - there are lots of solution suggestions like the below, for issues with binding:

As much as the dealers annoy me I had a really good hand over with Perry's Aylesbury the explained they have switched off dead reckoning and then offered to blind the phone asking me to bring up the app and he got the QR code on the screen ready for me to scan was quite impressed then said call or pop down any time if you have any questions / problems we are here to help
I do find it strange people pay all this money for a car and don't contact the dealer as soon as you find something is not right

Last week we purchased a new MG ZS EV Essence.
We setup the MG iSmart app on our phone but it would not bind to the car, the app failed to recognise the QR code on the car.
We contacted the MG dealer but they are having the same issue
The MG dealer said the issue is only on the Essence models and MG need to upgrade the app and/or the car software, the MG ZS EV Excite does not have this problem.
We are now waiting for MG to update the app or the car QR code but have no idea if MG are working on the issue.
All we can do is from time to time try to bind the app to the car
So far it has not worked

Try swapping between email address and phone number when trying to bind. Took us a few goes and one didn't work, but one did (but can't remember which way around it was).

I have the same problem. I can't get the code sent to my phone number even though it reports that it was sent successfully. However, it worked first time when asking it to send via email.

I got mine working from the phone, from memory I just used my phone security code? But it was some time ago and I could be completely wrong :(

Last week we purchased a new MG ZS EV Essence.
We setup the MG iSmart app on our phone but it would not bind to the car, the app failed to recognise the QR code on the car.
We contacted the MG dealer but they are having the same issue
The MG dealer said the issue is only on the Essence models and MG need to upgrade the app and/or the car software, the MG ZS EV Excite does not have this problem.
We are now waiting for MG to update the app or the car QR code but have no idea if MG are working on the issue.
All we can do is from time to time try to bind the app to the car
So far it has not worked
Hello
Australian ZS EV Excite owner here. Had car for two months and been unable to bind car. Dealer also unable to bind and submitted TA to MG for resolution. That was two weeks ago.

Same. I have a MG ZS EV 2022.
Initially, the app worked fine.
After 16th November, it would no longer connect.
A week later, I unbound the car from my phone and tried to bind it again.
Every time I have tried this over the last few weeks, even with another phone, I immediately get an error message saying the service is not available and to please try again later.

Hi, new here, and new ZS in the garage, but dam'd if I can get it to bind, account is registered and working, but keep getting "Service not available, please try again latter" seems like a common issue, any help appreciated.
Cyril

Hi yes it successfully scans the code, but the reports the service is not available. However it also states on the first scan on the cars screen that it successfully sync,d.

Cyril

Hi yes it successfully scans the code, but the reports the service is not available. However it also states on the first scan on the cars screen that it successfully sync,d.

Cyril

Have you tried the solutions already posted below - did they help or nothing worked?
For "This Service is not available, try later" on the Phone / Email registration, this worked for me...

On Android (presume similar for iPhone) go into the Application Settings for the iSmart app.

Go to Location Settings and ensure location settings are enabled for the iSmart app.

Then re-try.

The app doesn't come up with a pop-up asking for permissions so you have to do it manually.

Mine was constantly saying unavailable for 24 hours but worked immediately after doing this, got the verification code and registered without issue.

Let me know if this works for you too :)

Got it to work by changing the permissions of the app from while using app to always

Hi I have not had an issue registering the app, that worked via email and I was able to have it re verified using the forgot my password option, so me and the app are verified and registered from the start, that was never the problem.

The issue is when I add a vehicle and get it to scan the QR code, it scans successfully, but the reports "Service not available, try again later", I can rescan or repeat the "add vehicle" till the cows come home, but always get the same result.

The location settings are "always allow when app in use" that is the most promiscuous offered, same applies to access to media and camera.

Clearly this app or upstream server is deficient in some way if it's this hard to get going, I work as a network engineer in IT, never seen anything so hard for something so simple, these type of IoT apps and systems are everywhere and rarely not "just work"

Cyril

Ok, success, all sorted, did a factory reset of the infortainment system, then viola! QR code scanned and car added to app. And yes this action removes any BT connections, audio settings and driver assist related settings, not a biggie to re configure.

Guess its a classic IT thing, "have you restarted your PC sir"

Cyril

Ok, success, all sorted, did a factory reset of the infortainment system, then viola! QR code scanned and car added to app. And yes this action removes any BT connections, audio settings and driver assist related settings, not a biggie to re configure.

Guess its a classic IT thing, "have you restarted your PC sir"

Cyril
I don't suppose you get images for DAB now?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom