Ismart app not working? Advice?

Laurence1982

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all, when we got the mg4 and I installed the ismart app, it paired (whilst sat inside the car) but had never once been able to connect to the car since. I don't really care that much but wondered if I'm missing something? Do I need to connect it manually again or something?

Last edited:
Solution
Hi all, when we got the mg4 and I installed the ismart app, it paired (whilst sat inside the car) but had never once been able to connect to the car since. I don't really care that much but wondered if I'm missing something? Do I need to connect it manually again or something?
Have you accepted the terms and conditions for ismart within the car main screen (think its the icon below the car binding icon) there is a Privacy tab at the bottom of Settings, tick both options to accept.
It just can't find/connect to the car

It has the car registered/bound, but doesn't connect at all (I'm in the house at the moment but I assume it should be able to connect when I'm not in it!)

I have had a broblem with connection to car most of this week. The app says failed try later and can't get GPS location, I've had the car since April this year and this is the first problem I have had using mg I smart.

Oh that's how it's been for us since we got it in November. Never seen it connect

Just been out to try to connect it again in case it makes a difference. Doesn't seem to make any. Just says it can't find the car, remote instruction failed etc etc

Have you not thought about asking your dealer to help ? They may be able to help you.
A) given the comments about dealers not being helpful, no. And B) we got this through a third party (salary sacrifice scheme) so not from local dealer so not sure how I would go about it if I wanted to. Any thoughts? (Can it still go to a local dealer if I didn't get it from them?).

I managed to bind with car on Friday when it was delivered and managed to programme an off peak charge through it. However since then it has failed to connect, Im away at the moment but not using the car. I have deleted the app on phone and iPad and when I return home will try to bind again. My car is leased as well so will keep trying for now.

We'll be using hive to schedule/charge (if indeed we need to schedule at all). Just wanted to try out the remote heating/GPS. Not even that bothered about those features, but it should work. And that does bother me!

A) given the comments about dealers not being helpful, no. And B) we got this through a third party (salary sacrifice scheme) so not from local dealer so not sure how I would go about it if I wanted to. Any thoughts? (Can it still go to a local dealer if I didn't get it from them?).
If you have a good local dealer then hopefully they will want to help you with the prospect that you may use them again when you need something. Isn't that good business.

Have you accepted the terms and conditions for ismart within the car main screen (think its the icon below the car binding icon) there is a Privacy tab at the bottom of Settings, tick both options to accept.

Solution
I don't recall the SE SR having those Privacy options ... I think they're part of the Data connection requirements for satnav and using the built-in Amazon Music, which is only for the Trophy spec and above. (But it is over a year since I did the binding so I may well be misremembering). :)

I don't recall the SE SR having those Privacy options ... I think they're part of the Data connection requirements for satnav and using the built-in Amazon Music, which is only for the Trophy spec and above. (But it is over a year since I did the binding so I may well be misremembering). :)
They definitely there on SE SR, that's what I have but they might have only appeared on newer software versions. Are they not on yours after software upgrade? maybe Phase 2 cars only if not.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back