iSmart Lite remote connection

liberostelios

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am seriously thinking about buying the MG4 when it's available in the Netherlands, but still unsure about the version I would go for. As silly as it might sound, I think the iSmart app functionality is kind of important. It is unclear to me if iSmart Lite (so any version besides Trophy) works when the phone is out of range from the car. Can someone with the standard version clarify? Can you use the app even when far away from the vehicle, so that no Bluetooth or WiFi can connect to it? My apartment is far away from the garage, so that means that if a direct connection to the car is needed, the app would be practically useless to me.

Another super peculiar question for Android Auto users: is multitouch working? Can you actually pinch zoom in Google Maps, for instance?

Thanks in advance

Hi
Answering from the UK in the hope that it is the same as the EU version.
The App connects via WiFi on all versions when away from the car - clearly via a server based application rather than directly. This was an issue at one stage with the EU requiring the server to be EU based rather than China based.
Pinch and zoom also works on my cheap Xiaomi surfaced version of Android.

Given that few Chinese motorists have houses with their own driveways for parking I'd be confident that the system was designed with your situation in mind.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back