iSMART not working when car in garage - GPS booster needed?

LeClerjussien

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi, my iSMART app works well generally, but only once has it worked when the car is in our garage. I have good wifi signal in the garage, and according to my Google Maps app on my phone, I have a GPS signal there, too. But I am guessing that the GPS signal is too weak for the car's receiver. So, (i) does anyone have any other suggestions as to what the problem might be? (ii) assuming it is a GPS problem, can anyone recommend a GPS booster that will do the job? Thanks!

The car only uses the phone network for communicating when switched off. The WiFi is only active when the car is switched on.

I've never really seen the point of the WiFi connection myself, it only works if you're sat in the car outside your house steaming some music say. I think I'd rather sit in the house!
Thanks. Good to clarify that.

The car only uses the phone network for communicating when switched off. The WiFi is only active when the car is switched on.

I've never really seen the point of the WiFi connection myself, it only works if you're sat in the car outside your house steaming some music say. I think I'd rather sit in the house!
It's used by some people using a wifi dongle. Basically pop any SIM you want in there and broadcast a wifi signal in your car.
MG should've given the choice to customers regarding which eSIM/SIM to use. Right now you're all tied to KPN and whatever partners they got in country

I live in a poor mobile signal area in Gloucestershire, and iSMART has connected to my MG4 at home just once in 6 months. Anywhere else it connects no problem. As Vodaphone has the worst (zero) signal strength there I assume that's who MG use. The Nissan app always connects to my wife's Leaf at home.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back