iSmart Travel function, help please

DBedford

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

Does anyone have the iSmart Travel function working please? I'm running iSmart on a iPhone 14 Pro.
iSmart is up to date 1.1.5. (hasn't worked with previous version either), just crashes out of the app back to the home page.

Any help would be gratefully received. Cheers.

Noticed an update for the app in the Apple app store yesterday, after applying the crash no longer happens for me at any rate! However curb your enthusiasm, the functionality, like the rest of the app is still rubbish. It shows chargers near you, but nothing about them, just 'this is a charger of some sort'. It doesn't add them to long routes of course and navigating somewhere just launches Google Maps anyway. Since my app almost never connects to the car I'm basically ignoring it now.

Apple IOS is proprietary, Google Android is open source. This is good for Apple as users pay and keep paying. This was Steve Jobs philosophy about profitability and it worked. The genius in creating IOS is Steve Wozniak & he wanted it open source but lost out to Jobs. So Apple products are good but expensive and become redundant quickly. They even built this in to the software untill discovered to their detriment. Apple had an almost cult following when Jobs was alive & this continues to a degree even though many Android products have more flexibility, better functionality and more intuitive UI.

It is impossible to convince Apple diehards that Android (now) is better and less expensive and it isn't worth arguing about.

It is similar to Bill Gates and Linus Torvalds. Microsoft - pay through the nose, Linux - free to use and make a contribution if you want to. I'm running Linux Mint on my laptop and remote access my desktop Windows 11 if I want any Microsoft only software.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom