It's working for me today. It wasn't working last time I tried, although that may have been because the car had gone to sleep. (I was out in it yesterday and last night, hence probably why it is working today).

I have had no joy at connecting all all today, just keeps telling my
"The remote control instruction execution is failed, please try again later"

I am beginning to hate iSMART as nearly every time I try and use it is fails even though I keep refreshing the page by pulling down. It's like a 2% chance of it working. Considering deleting the app and not bother.

Main dealer says, MG have nothing to do with the app as it's controlled and developed by a 3rd party and the dealers have no input.

Have you tried unlocking then locking your car using the fob, and then trying the app? If no joy, what about unlocking, sitting in, putting in to READY mode, then getting out and locking?

Have you tried unlocking then locking your car using the fob, and then trying the app? If no joy, what about unlocking, sitting in, putting in to READY mode, then getting out and locking?
I'll try later as she is charging in the free sunlight at the moment

Both of the above have definitely worked for me, but twice it's taken a whole day to recover (both on Sundays, hmmm), and it has also gone 3 weeks with no failures.

I suspect there may be more than one issue at play here.

Mine stopped working (in the UK) yesterday - said I was locked out and to reset the password - which I did, and it worked again.
I don't know why I got locked out.

Mine hasn't been working since yesterday afternoon here in Oz.
Mine has stopped for the first time in a year. Wondering if I should delete account. But will I get a new or another QR code? Impatient. Perhaps I should wait until tomorrow?

Mine has stopped for the first time in a year. Wondering if I should delete account. But will I get a new or another QR code? Impatient. Perhaps I should wait until tomorrow?
I’m in Perth WA

Patience. If you delete your account your username (phone number or email) and password will be blocked so you won't be able to use them again for security reasons.

They are either doing maintenance on the system or upgrading the servers.

I think in Australia the SIM card they use Vodafone AU seems to be having issues as many people are reporting no network or 3G in their cars. Which is surprising as VF AU turned off 3G December last year. Maybe its connecting to some IOT network or another network.

Don't think the issue is on the server (ismart) side. Issue is communication between car and internet via the sim card.

I think in Australia the SIM card they use Vodafone AU seems to be having issues as many people are reporting no network or 3G in their cars. Which is surprising as VF AU turned off 3G December last year. Maybe its connecting to some IOT network or another network.

Don't think the issue is on the server (ismart) side. Issue is communication between car and internet via the sim card.
now that you mention it, I did see it having connection issues this morning. Going between 1 bar 3G, full bars 3G, and no connection... I was wondering why the weather forecast wasn't updating! Makes a bit more sense now....

But wouldn't that be irrelevant once the car is at home and connected to the home network?

The car doesn't use the home network to talk to the MG servers - it only uses the mobile data connection via the eSIM. (And the SE/Excite models don't have any WiFi capability anyway, so it's not surprising that MG keep the same - eSIM - connection method for all models).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back