Its back from MG Stoneacre

Deleted member 14300

Reaction score
" it's how it is "

" it's had many updates "

" switch it off "

Well, driving back from Derby has been very interesting. Deliberately straddled white lines and it could see them, couldn't, fought me returning to a lane and on cruise, it brought me to a halt going around a car. I tried the Towing Mode trick, nothing, and it still switches LKA back on with the auto lights going on and off.
They had the car nearly 3 weeks and it's not cured a thing apart from making the camera less nosey. It's not softened the assist, if anything, returning to lane I'd say the assist I didn't want was far stronger.

Motorbility have agreed for me to swap it. It'll be sad as I liked it, but this constant interruption and the auto lights toggling it on and off is ridiculous. Back to a sticker over it until I get the new car.

That's interesting as the auto-lights have never done that on my SE SR.

As it happens I've defaulted the theme to Dark anyway now, but even when I had it on Automatic that never happened to me. 🤷‍♂️

I drove back with it on and then turned it off so I was lane assist free. The lights toggled and joining the motorway, the thing yanked the steering wheel and it was back on. Mg have turned the sensitivity down as with it on, a drift over the white line never activated a thing. Make your mind up car!
I tried the towing on, it still stepped in. It's going to go back anyways, so I'll be keeping it till I find a new car to replace it. At least this dealer was honest about it. It's the strength is auto corrects. The vw I had was lovely. Yes you felt it work but it was gentle and didn't want to fight you like an arm wrestler.

That's really weird. I knew the auto lights toggling the LKA was a thing on some Trophies, although I thought it had been fixed in an update, but my SE SR has never done that. I checked specifically when I was driving around testing different light sensor covers.

I think the people affected by that set the infotainment screen to either light only or dark only, so it didn't change with the headlights coming on, and then the LKA didn't come on either.

I asked for them to fix it so it was off and they said they couldn't. Some updates need a permission from MG, but couldn't do it. It's going anyway now. I'll sticker it and hope the vw am going to look at will arrive quick. I'll miss my number plate.

I asked for them to fix it so it was off and they said they couldn't. Some updates need a permission from MG, but couldn't do it. It's going anyway now. I'll sticker it and hope the vw am going to look at will arrive quick. I'll miss my number plate.
The LKA is required to reset every time you start the car, in order for MG to get the 5* rating on EuroNCAP tests.

I got rid of my Trophy a couple of months ago after software updates still didn't cure pretty much any of the niggles that the car suffered with.

Have spent the last couple of months with a low milage used Tesla Model 3 LR that cost less than the Trophy, has heat pump and software that works frankly.

Hope everyone gets to a point they are happy with. Loved my MG5 SR and enjoyed the MG4 as a car.

The Model 3 is so much better in every way as long as you don't regularly need to pop a washing machine in the back🤣😜

Hope you all have a good Xmas

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel