Just fitted Karlinkit 4.0

Hot Red 5

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Received a Carlinkit 4.0 from Amazon today. Not happy.
Plugged it in and initialised it connected easily to Bluetooth and came up on screen.
I moved the box to try and get it some ware
Safe and it cut out. Re connected it but every time it moved it disconnected.
Not good in a moving car then you have to reconnect Bluetooth which you can’t do when you are driving.
I have returned to Amazon for a refund.
Anyone else had a good result with this or any other hands free system?

I returned mine after a week. It would only connect half of the time without being restarted, and on the 2 long journeys I did it froze twice.

I then tried another one (Treslin?), which was great for a couple of days but then had issues connecting, and on a 45 minute drive it lost connection for a little while and had to be restarted. I returned that too and have gone back to plugging my phone in.

Can't help you really as I have an Android phone for which AAWireless works wonderfully, but I'm sure there are others on this forum that have successfully used Carplay with and without extra boxes.

Just fitted Ottocast for wireless CarPlay and it worked right out of the box.
I have not done a version update as recommended if it works ok.
I am over the moon with the speed of response.
Much smaller than the Carlinkit too.
One minor issue is the Satnav via the phone has a bit of a lag.
I will contact Ottocast to try and resolve this but for the time being I will use the car Satnav
So far very happy with the product.
Bought on Amazon at £109.99
It’s the version U2.
Anyone else used Ottocast.

Just fitted Ottocast for wireless CarPlay and it worked right out of the box.
I have not done a version update as recommended if it works ok.
I am over the moon with the speed of response.
Much smaller than the Carlinkit too.
One minor issue is the Satnav via the phone has a bit of a lag.
I will contact Ottocast to try and resolve this but for the time being I will use the car Satnav
So far very happy with the product.
Bought on Amazon at £109.99
It’s the version U2.
Anyone else used Ottocast.
Let me know what it’s like after a couple of weeks use please.

Plugged it in and initialised it connected easily to Bluetooth and came up on screen.
Not good in a moving car then you have to reconnect Bluetooth which you can’t do when you are driving.
I bought from Amazon
Wireless CarPlay Adapter for iPhone - 2022 Upgrade Wired to Wireless Apple Carplay Dongle - 5GHz WiFi, Low Latency, Easy-to-lnstall, Plug & Play
Cost AU$99, but it has worked well. Fitted in the space next to the USB sockets and left plugged in - minimal drain on the battery.

Bought ottocast via indie group. Not impressed didn't connect reliably. Swapped to AA Wireless and use Waze its loads better but not 100% with it crashing the infotainment system occasionally

Sounds like a bad cable connection.

I’ve had my carlinkit for about a month now, the initial setup was a bit of a faff until thanks to YouTube I realised you have to delete the original Bluetooth connection from the phone to the car. It now works 99% of the time, the only time it doesn’t I’ve found that the phone signal had dropped to 3G once back to 4 or 5G the signal was back up and running so pretty happy here 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom