Just traded in ZS EV exclusive to MG5 LR exclusive it’s a great car

Stuart74

Standard Member
Reaction score
I took my ZS EV for 2nd service at 30000 miles last week and had a look at the new one. I saw a new MG5 LR and asked about it. Test drive the 5 and was really impressed with how it drive and traded my ZS in.
I have driven 600 miles in it now and think it’s a great car. The ride is better and holds the road far better than the ZS in my opinion.
All the pilot toys are the same as the ZS but I was really impressed with the ACC that regents when slowing down behind the traffic in front. The ZS didn’t do that.
I’ve got total piece of mind on longer trips and can have the heater on without being scared that I won’t get back from work.
So hello everyone I’m well and truly a MG5 guy now.
Very happy with it so far.
Feels like a trade up

I took my ZS EV for 2nd service at 30000 miles last week and had a look at the new one. I saw a new MG5 LR and asked about it. Test drive the 5 and was really impressed with how it drive and traded my ZS in.
I have driven 600 miles in it now and think it’s a great car. The ride is better and holds the road far better than the ZS in my opinion.
All the pilot toys are the same as the ZS but I was really impressed with the ACC that regents when slowing down behind the traffic in front. The ZS didn’t do that.
I’ve got total piece of mind on longer trips and can have the heater on without being scared that I won’t get back from work.
Feels like a trade up
I'm still waiting for my blue one, ordered in September. I'm not jealous AT ALL. :(

What sort of deal did you get on trading in your ZS?

I'm curious as to how second hand EVs will fair in the coming years. I think we are seeing the start of a phenomenal uptake in EVs. Not everyone can afford a new EV and there aren't many second hand ones about.

Feels like a trade up
I did that on Tuesday, went to my dealer to look at the new zs then while there i saw a 5LR ex demo with only 100 miles on the clock so i part exchanged my zs for it. Collected it next day

Which one do you think is better? I think MG5 is all round better to drive and more comfortable and the xtra range puts you at ease about getting somewhere and getting back

It's in a different league to the zs, more comfortable, better built, and as you say the range has put me at ease as well, i thought being higher the zs would be easier to drive but I'm finding my 5 is for some reason, only thing i miss is the sign in the mirrors when someone is overtaking me but certainly not a game changer, i much prefer the drivers screen

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom