Keyless entry/driving?

TheTallOne

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Haven't got my car yet but this was one of the claimed features of the Trophy (along with cameras) that made me plump for it over the LR SE. I haven't actually seen anyone say they've got it working yet though.

The impression I was given by the (definitely very knowledgeable...) dealer was that, once configured, you could drive the car using your iSmart app as a key.

So. Trophy owners. Any joy? Or do I have to accept the difficult truth that the Dealer might have been telling porkies...

SmartSelect_20221012_204603_MG iSMART.jpg

Yes the Trophy has keyless start... this is a screenshot of my app... however I've only tried twice but not got it working yet. I'll have to try again tomorrow maybe.

Also looks like you should be able to share the virtual key so someone else can start the car. And also disable it.

View attachment 11810

Yes the Trophy has keyless start... this is a screenshot of my app... however I've only tried twice but not got it working yet. I'll have to try again tomorrow maybe.

Also looks like you should be able to share the virtual key so someone else can start the car. And also disable it.
Well that certainly looks promising.

If it's anything like the ZS, the app has to be bound to the car via bluetooth (note, not the same as just binding the app in the first place) each time you want to use the 'keyless' function. To be honest, it's such a faff we have never used it other than to set it up and try it once - definatly more gimick than useful.

If you pair your phone so it acts as a key can thieves use a scanner to use your phone to access the car?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back