Lane assist

I’m reading it that LKA does not say default ON
‘Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) – heading correction that is applied automatically by the vehicle in response to the detection of the vehicle that is about to drift beyond a delineated edge line of the current travel lane’
But emergency lane keep does say default ON
’Emergency Lane Keeping (ELK) – default ON heading correction that is applied automatically by the vehicle in response to the detection of the vehicle that is about to drift beyond a solid lane marking, the edge of the road or into oncoming or overtaking traffic in the adjacent lane’
So LKA does not need to default ON?

I’m reading it that LKA does not say default ON
‘Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) – heading correction that is applied automatically by the vehicle in response to the detection of the vehicle that is about to drift beyond a delineated edge line of the current travel lane’
But emergency lane keep does say default ON
’Emergency Lane Keeping (ELK) – default ON heading correction that is applied automatically by the vehicle in response to the detection of the vehicle that is about to drift beyond a solid lane marking, the edge of the road or into oncoming or overtaking traffic in the adjacent lane’
So LKA does not need to default ON?
There is an overlap in function as such can't see how one can be on/off without the other.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back