Lane Keep Assist love.....

That's a bit weird. @Joanne the Hairdresser said the same thing, but pretty much everyone else with an SE says it stays off once you've turned it off. (Trophys can be a bit different.) Are you sure it's properly off when you drive off? Foot on brake while you're turning it off, and tap the confirmation screen? Amber logo in top left of driver's screen?
Yes, I always press the brake so it says 'Ready'. I then turn the LKA off and it asks me to confirm. (If it's not in ready when I turn it off, it doesn't ask for confirmation and just turns back on again as soon as I press the brake and it comes to ready).

Then I'll be driving along, and it'll suddenly start beeping again and pulling the steering wheel constantly if I go anywhere near the lines, and will pull hard one way or the other at random times. It doesn't make any difference whether or not the car has been put in park or I've undone my seatbelt or whatever else during that journey.

Not so far...🤔

I've driven a few 1000 miles in the last month with it and MG pilot doing most of the driving though..

Once in torrential rain it was doing an amazing job when I could barely see even with the wipers on full speed... I think it uses the LIDAR more than the cameras as a Tesla just gives up and you're on your own..
Hi no not alone I don’t mind the LKA not a problem for me.

If your brakes slam on without logical explanation and your disabled daughter has a melt down each time - yes. Sarcasm - not necessary. I just wanted to know if others were experiencing it. Enough of this forum for me.
Not sarcasm at all, just pointing out the oxymoron.

Not strictly about LKA but I used TJA last night for its proper use (stuck in traffic and keeping up with car ahead). Did very well with auto stop/restart and also with the LKA on my usual setting of Lane Departure Assist, not Emergency Lane Keeping it kept within the road markings.

Speed for the ACC part was set to 15mph so all it had to do was roll off again by itself when it saw the car ahead moving and slow down to distance level 2, which it did every time. Good job all round.

I was watching a Harry's Garage YouTube review of the Aston Martin DB12 last night and he was talking about rumoured changes in NCAP rules for 2025 that would result in all safety features remaining on permanently - with no option to turn them off 😲😲... that would include the new 2024 "bonging" when you exceed the speed limit.

I'm not over bothered by the Lane Assist....I actuality find it productive on dual carriageways and motorways. Got a bit annoying on ac single track road.

My dealer told me that you won't be able to turn off Lane Keeping Assist as a default option due to it being tied in with NCap 5 safety regs......

NCAP 5 = time to block camera then

Just wait, they'll then make it so the car will not run if the camera is non-functional.

I was watching a Harry's Garage YouTube review of the Aston Martin DB12 last night and he was talking about rumoured changes in NCAP rules for 2025 that would result in all safety features remaining on permanently - with no option to turn them off 😲😲... that would include the new 2024 "bonging" when you exceed the speed limit.
I guess the secondhand values of our versions will go up as the reports from future new owners filter through! :D

I'm not over bothered by the Lane Assist....I actuality find it productive on dual carriageways and motorways. Got a bit annoying on ac single track road.

My dealer told me that you won't be able to turn off Lane Keeping Assist as a default option due to it being tied in with NCap 5 safety regs......
That'll only apply to vehicles rated after the new rules come into force - it won't be retrospective. And new built cars which were rated prior to the rules change won't have to abide by the new rules either. :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back