Lane Keep Assist

On MG5 you do it via the infotainment unit. There's guidance in the manual, assume same / similar for MG4

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry lane keep assist is what I meant
Look in the MG pilot in the infotainment system which can be accessed via the car symbol bottom right of the screen. Unfortunately you won’t be able to turn it off permanently and it will come back on next time you jump in the car.

I found that instead of turning it off every journey, I just lowered the sensitivity and it's not as bad and it remembers the sensitivity setting so you don't have to adjust it every time you start.
Mine definitely doesn’t keep the lower sensitive setting. Running R30

I found that instead of turning it off every journey, I just lowered the sensitivity and it's not as bad and it remembers the sensitivity setting so you don't have to adjust it every time you start.
That's a fantastic tip - hadnt thought of that. Thank you!

Mine's on R33.
Mine is on R33 and I tried setting the sensitivity to low on all the tabs I could do that on and it doesn’t keep them all there. Next time I got in it had put some of them back on to moderate. So if I am going to have to keep setting them back to low every journey I might as well stick to what I had been doing before which was to turn the keep lane assist off and Emergency Brake off.

Mine is on R33 and I tried setting the sensitivity to low on all the tabs I could do that on and it doesn’t keep them all there. Next time I got in it had put some of them back on to moderate. So if I am going to have to keep setting them back to low every journey I might as well stick to what I had been doing before which was to turn the keep lane assist off and Emergency Brake off.
Mine does what yours does.

Mine (R33) remembers the LKA Alert sensitivity and the Collision alert sensitivity.
IMG_20230728_130750554.jpg

Same here buddy it doesn't seem no where near aggressive as it was 👍

My wife has the MG4 trophy . The Lane Keep Assist is awful, intrusive and perhaps dangerous. It has also do 2 emergency stops without reason or warning. It’s been back to the dealer twice, with no real explanation or improvement.
I have recently bought a Kia EV6 and boy is it better! The systems are so much simpler and refined. LKA is subtle and helpful. The Kia is in a different league, but nearly 20k more.
MG need to do better.

It seems to depend on the software version and calibration. Dealers can do updates and checks. My MG4 has always been fine, no AEB false stops and LKA is a gentle tug on the wheel, nothing more.

Both system can easily be disabled. Paying £20k to avoid the hassle seems excessive as there are similarly priced cars to the MG4 without the same problems.

My wife has the MG4 trophy . The Lane Keep Assist is awful, intrusive and perhaps dangerous. It has also do 2 emergency stops without reason or warning. It’s been back to the dealer twice, with no real explanation or improvement.
I have recently bought a Kia EV6 and boy is it better! The systems are so much simpler and refined. LKA is subtle and helpful. The Kia is in a different league, but nearly 20k more.
MG need to do better.
Had my mg4 trophy October 2022.my LKA used to keep switched off.i took car in to mg dealership 2 weeks ago for a software update since then I can't switch LKA off unless I do it every time I use the car and it was very aggressive I took car back to dealership and complained about it and said it was bloody dangerous they have now done another software update and it is a lot better and not so aggressive. Apparently they can not turn it of permanently because of the NCAP 5 star rating

Had my mg4 trophy October 2022.my LKA used to keep switched off.i took car in to mg dealership 2 weeks ago for a software update since then I can't switch LKA off unless I do it every time I use the car and it was very aggressive I took car back to dealership and complained about it and said it was bloody dangerous they have now done another software update and it is a lot better and not so aggressive. Apparently they can not turn it of permanently because of the NCAP 5 star rating
Yes, it isn't just MG but all manufacturers wanting to get the highest ratings nees LKA to be enabled each time the car is started.

However, they can make it easier to disable (eg a single button) and can make it benign so we don't get these kinds of issues. Most manufacturers with the same kit (all comes from 3rd parties) get it right first time, so MG need to do better.

AEB is a bit different, many makes suffer with false positives, but again it sounds from reports as if the MG4 has a higher incidence of false positives than most.

MG need to do better.

Kia’s lane keep is very good.
We had a rental xceed on holiday last week, I set it to the minimum setting immediately (which it remembered) and it wasn’t a big pain.
Then I noticed the car had a physical push button to disable it altogether.
LKA will determine what car my wife gets next.
Preferably it will be a car that I can get an OBD dongle for, to disable it altogether.
Next next option will be a physical button.
If neither of the above, we’ll move on.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel