Latest on MG4

Good news emanating from MG this morning. Circa 1000 MG 4's (predominantly LR's) will be available for delivery to customers by the end of September. A further boat with slightly smaller quantities should be to follow in October.
They will be almost instantly snapped up, so a pre-order is the only way to stand a chance.

Great news...!!!! 1000 MG4's available for delivery to customers by the end of September.
No sign of all the missing ZS EV's that have been on order for the best part of 8/9 months.
It's as if they don't exist anymore.

Good news emanating from MG this morning. Circa 1000 MG 4's (predominantly LR's) will be available for delivery to customers by the end of September. A further boat with slightly smaller quantities should be to follow in October.
They will be almost instantly snapped up, so a pre-order is the only way to stand a chance.
Hi Sam,well I’m not sure about this first shipment being snapped up as you put it until it been seen in the metal so to speak by us the public, and my guess is the car we got pictures of the other day from the dealers launch will be on display at the British motor show at Farmborough 18/21 August, I say this because £30 grand ish,is a lot of money to spend on something you have never laid eyes on for a lot of people, I also hope that MG might let it go on display in other places as well, like they did with the MG3 and the ZS, for weeks before my local dealer received any of these to they where on a stand in our local shopping mall.
Les

Last edited:
I can see this flying out the showroom if it's 1/2 as decent as the images we've seen thus far. Not to mention it's got to be tempting to people who'd rather not wait 6-12 months.

Any hope MG will share the pricing earlier than planned, or are they waiting for the demos to arrive or something? When will dealers know which colour/spec they each get from this 1,000?

If i didn’t only have a 20mil commute so made more financial sense i’d put a deposit without seeing in person. Given MG’s recent track record and features/looks i know I personally would be happy.

I've just put us on a list with a London dealer. This car looks perfect for us on paper and a much more reasonable price compared to the last car we seriously considered such was the new Kia Niro EV.

Would love to get it this year but the dealer was not confident at all, he said he'd been told nothing about it from MG yet.

I can see this flying out the showroom if it's 1/2 as decent as the images we've seen thus far. Not to mention it's got to be tempting to people who'd rather not wait 6-12 months.

Any hope MG will share the pricing earlier than planned, or are they waiting for the demos to arrive or something? When will dealers know which colour/spec they each get from this 1,000?
I would imagine the press will be given a bit of a sniff of pricing, which they won’t explicitly share but will give pretty close estimates. They are having the press day in August.

We have been given the same steer but it’s not confirmed hence why nothing been publicised but it’s impressive!

As for the spec, I’d expect mainly LRs but no idea on colours.

Hi Sam,well I’m not sure about this first shipment being snapped up as you put it until it been seen in the metal so to speak by us the public, and my guess is the car we got pictures of the other day from the dealers launch will be on display at the British motor show at Farmborough 18/21 August, I say this because £30 grand ish,is a lot of money to spend on something you have never laid eyes on for a lot of people, I also hope that MG might let it go on display in other places as well, like they did with the MG3 and the ZS, for weeks before my local dealer received any of these to they where on a stand in our local shopping mall.
Les
The founder of the Renault Zoe owner's club spotted a red MG4 pottering around Coventry a couple of days after the dealer launch event. This suggests that few cars may already be in the NDA-restricted hands of reviewers.

SAIC reports that a shipload of dealership display & demonstrator cars left Haitong Port, Shanghai for here on the 21st, including 250 RHD cars.

The cars are on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen RoRo ship "Titus", which last docked at Singapore on the 28th.

Last edited:
Some different, albeit slightly blurry shots of the car in some other colours than orange.

Taken from a video posted on MG’s socials:

21BC9B68-EA2C-4498-93E4-E638827AEA6B.jpeg278DFE71-EDBE-4E04-B489-694F45CF8090.jpegBD191D79-B5AC-45B7-8A96-39E1EE76F4B9.jpeg4F6A3C55-D3F7-4A92-8CC9-07D1CF38DCEB.jpeg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back