Left Shortcut Button - Disable climate control shortcut message

PowderblueKes

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hey,

I picked up my Trophy today and after setting the left shortcut button to adjust drive mode and the right shortcut button to AC, whenever I active the left shortcut button, I get the message "Disable climate control shortcut", the AC controls come up AND the functionality of whatever the shortcut is.

For drive mode, it's not too impactful as it'll adjust the mode but if I set it to 360 parking, the AC controls appearing on the infotainment screen on top of the 360 cameras is clearly not wanted or useful.

Has anyone with a Trophy encountered this with their setups with any advice?

Thanks!

I also get this message. What annoys me is that when I press the star button the a/c control screen will only appear for a split second and I have to be very quick to make any adjustments before it reverts back to the main display. Half the time I don't make it and have to press the star button again. It should be programmed to appear for at least six seconds or so or maybe until the star button is pressed again to cancel.
Hi,

I think when you click the right side star button, the AC control screen shows up in the main display, you are then supposed to use the right side rocker to set the AC settings before the display disappears.

This is how I use on my Trophy.

Hope this helps.

Can't confirm this. In my Trophy the right star button brings up the A/C settings for a couple of seconds, enough to make adjustments. But even when the A/C screen has disappeared, the right stick still adjusts the A/C functions. When I press the right star button again the message "Disable climate control" shows up and the stick controls the media volume again.

Side note: the car never gets the colour of the A/C screen right. If the screen is in dark mode, the A/C screen is bright and vice versa. If I activate the A/C screen a second time the colour matches. I'm quite sure now that the entire software of the MG4 was programmed in one single night after a long meeting.

Last edited:
I'm starting to get a feeling that I should employ a Unionised Gremlin / Secretary to remember all the buttons functions. This Trophy owner loves technology but loves driving even more. It's only been six months but I'm still struggling on just getting the fan to work without the dehumidifier. If the screen says the AC is turned off but the physical left button remains lit which state am I in?(apart from confused). Thanks Rolfe for the information on getting CDs ordered onto an USB but wow my brain nearly burst (my hat is duly doffed). If I listen to a long piece of Classical music 🎶 I have a tendency to nod off at my age so probably best to turn that LKA (Lane Keep Assist ) back on, so watch out hedgerow wild life might be seeing you soon.....

On my Trophy when I press the right shortcut button the A/C popup appears for a few seconds. After it's gone you can still use the joystick to alter the temperature and fan speed.

Press the right shortcut button again it displays "Disable climate control shortcut" and the joystick buttons will revert to their usual function of volume control

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back