LFP Battery Rapid Charging

Robf

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just wanting to confirm if rapid charging is the same for both types of battery e.g. to 80% then charging rate slows down. Or does LFP continue at rapid rate to 100%?

Lfp drops of at 80%, we'll it does on my mg5 sr at least.
Strangely the first time i tried a rapid above 80% it still managed a respectable 35kw ish, last week it dive bombed once at 80% on a zest charger.
Strangely the charge got faster as the soc increased.
I charged from 39to 80%
Screenshot_20230513_151248_ZEST.jpg

Lfp drops of at 80%, we'll it does on my mg5 sr at least.
Strangely the first time i tried a rapid above 80% it still managed a respectable 35kw ish, last week it dive bombed once at 80% on a zest charger.
Strangely the charge got faster as the soc increased.
I charged from 39to 80%
View attachment 17570
Thanks for that, much appreciated. was thinking of replacing our old Leaf and trying to make my mind up whether to go for LFP, or as my current ZS LR. So charging to 80% gives greater distance in the bigger ZS (non LFP) battery.

Just wanting to confirm if rapid charging is the same for both types of battery e.g. to 80% then charging rate slows down. Or does LFP continue at rapid rate to 100%?
No current battery BMS in any car would continue a high state of charge to 100% regardless of chemistry type.

LiOn technology means you have to protect the battery at the bottom and top of the SoC.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom