Live & Connected Services Expiry.

Quick question on the built-in Amazon Music sub with the trophy model, does it give you 'unlimited music' level of sub even if you don't have that level on your current Amazon account ?

No it only gives you the Data Connection Free, so you need a minimum of a Prime Music account to benefit. Prime now has been expanded and gives all the music from unlimited but only via playlists and shuffle. Which is what I use, Prime Unlimited it still separate

The one annoyance is it does not remember what you were playing so when you stop the car it goes back to the menu and you have to select amazon music again each time,

Does the command resume no longer work with Amazon Music (free)? (I'll have to ask SWMBO - she uses Amazon Music (free) a lot in the kitchen on the Echo Dot).

2G still works in some places, and 3G still works almost everywhere - you really think 4G will be turned off any time soon?
We had a notice from our French SIM provider that 3G services are no longer available in the US when roaming as the US is/has turned off all their 3G infrastructure.

Not relevant for the UK per-se, but if they are making a decision across all the providers in the US to stop 3G I'm sure it won't be long before other countries follow suit as supporting little used technologies becomes too expensive.

Does the command resume no longer work with Amazon Music (free)? (I'll have to ask SWMBO - she uses Amazon Music (free) a lot in the kitchen on the Echo Dot).

Not in the car, the Amazon Music seems to be just a webpage and once car resets its all gone and has to load back up to the menu again.

No it only gives you the Data Connection Free, so you need a minimum of a Prime Music account to benefit. Prime now has been expanded and gives all the music from unlimited but only via playlists and shuffle. Which is what I use, Prime Unlimited it still separate

The one annoyance is it does not remember what you were playing so when you stop the car it goes back to the menu and you have to select amazon music again each time,
Thanks @Stageshoot . Time to sign up to Prime then for another year I think, as that will be handy to have on the head unit without connecting to AAuto. Will also be handy for the boxing day live premier games..😁

Thanks @Stageshoot . Time to sign up to Prime then for another year I think, as that will be handy to have on the head unit without connecting to AAuto. Will also be handy for the boxing day live premier games..😁

Yeah. Luckily kids have student ID so got prime at £39 a year. Makes it nice and cheap

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back