Living the dream in the MG4 SE?

Tig170

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
1708297472691.png

Hi All, just found a useful feature on google maps (yes I know my iphone has something similar - with significant features) - but over the past month just been around the UK - so now done 20,000 miles in a basic SE model. No issues todate (my LKA defaults to off) either with the car or with charging stations, albeit we mainly charge at home (with a little bit of tesla supercharging sprinkle)

At the time (of our purchase of the MG4) we couldn't get a car with work, so just got the MG4 paid outright, however I do have access via work to NHS lease solutions, and am looking at changing in the next 6 months. I can get an MG4 Xpower (all in incl. tax, insurance -any 4 drivers, breakdown, maintence - i.e. everything?) for £441 for 12,000 miles or a volvo EX30 all incl., 12,000 miles / pa for £471. I'll probably keep the MG4 as a 2nd car, and get a NHS car, mainly as my 2 teenage children are approaching driving age - and at this current time, they can be insured at the same basic cost (albeit the insurance excess goes up a little). Any thoughts?

Last edited:
View attachment 24114

Hi All, just found a useful feature on google maps (yes I know my iphone has something similar - with significant features) - but over the past month just been around the UK - so now done 20,000 miles in a basic SE model. No issues todate (my LKA defaults to off) either with the car or with charging stations, albeit we mainly charge at home (with a little bit of tesla supercharging sprinkle)

At the time (of our purchase of the MG4) we couldn't get a car with work, so just got the MG4 paid outright, however I do have access via work to NHS lease solutions, and am looking at changing in the next 6 months. I can get an MG4 Xpower (all in incl. tax, insurance -any 4 drivers, breakdown, maintence - i.e. everything?) for £441 for 12,000 miles or a volvo EX30 all incl., 12,000 miles / pa for £471. I'll probably keep the MG4 as a 2nd car, and get a NHS car, mainly as my 2 teenage children are approaching driving age - and at this current time, they can be insured at the same basic cost (albeit the insurance excess goes up a little). Any thoughts?
Not sure what the range is on the se? Its not great on the x power (249 claimed). The x power does have all options fitted & is comfortable & a great daily. In your position I would definitely test drive the Volvo as it’s probably a better quality car 🫣. As for the kids you’re braver than me, my son takes his test today but I bought him a Corsa (he ain’t borrowing my car). Good luck whatever you decide 👍

Two things to be careful of on the insurance. If your teenagers are deemed to be the main drivers but are insured as additional named drivers on your policy the insurance will be invalid. Also you can only have your NCD on one policy.

I've just ordered an mg4 se lr as a second company car for my teenager as its a cost effective way of getting him on the road and avoiding silly ins premiums...the lease company doesn't care who drives it.

Given your choice I'd take the volvo for the extra £30

I’d checkout the size of the EX30 in the back seats and the boot, as it’s pretty small compared to the MG4. Bjorn Nyland reviewed one last week on YouTube. Looks quite nice but he thought it was a bit cramped in the back.

Is your lease quote for the twin motor Ultra EX30 ?

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel