Living with my new long range Zs Ev Trophy

Thanks, looks like I’ve been a silly old fool then. However I have been really pissed off about the manual. Pretty stupid move in my honest opinion. When you get a new car you don’t want to spend your time working out how to access the instructions.
I guess this is one of the ways they are saving money - each printed manual and a wallet etc. to put it no probably costs £5.

Third button from the left, short push brings up the air and heat menu. Seat heater buttons on there. I hope that covers your question.

Tooks this pic from the manual. I dont have this option in my car. Mine is a ZS short range version, not connected version

1644830841132.png

Chorley group Burnley did me a cracking deal though, so I can forgive them for missing the update, and Miles was really helpful in getting the answers from MG re the issues. Well pleased overall
May I ask when did you order from Burnley?

Now having had the new car 9 days overall the verdict is good.but with flaws.

Firstly Chorley Group, did me a fantastic deal And this meant that I had the car trailer delivered and my previous part ex picked up saving me a six hundred mile return drive
Car was beautifully prepared and all correct as per my order

All good but in spite of updates now being over the air onboard the car, a major software update for the infotainment system, has to be dealer installed and was missed, meaning I now have to spend a half day going to a dealer to get it done.

Things I like:
Sound system has much improved sound with nice tone and depth of sound. Command inputs are cleaner faster and smoother with less delays and jerkiness.

Better miles per K/watt currently doing about 3.4/3.5.

Improved ride with better bump damping and much quieter all round.
Steering is nicer, higher geared and has more feel.
Torque seems to come through more smoothly and in a very linear curve giving rise to a beautiful smooth drive. So quiet, it whispers along.
The Battersea Blue is fantastic.
Rear seat much improved with three headrests and Centre armrest and directable air vents.

Love the App, turning on the heating in the morning before going into the car, also monitoring what is going on.

Things I don’t like:
App is very difficult to link to the car and not straightforward by any stretch of the imagination. Once set up and mastered it is fine
Manuals for car and Infotainment amount to over 400 pages. No hard copy online only and really difficult to find and read what you want. Also could not find out how to PDF download to print. Simple print online does not allow configuration of print. This is the worst thing about the car. It is a sophisticated upgrade to the previous model and is really difficult to work with.
Mg have decided arbitrarily to remove wma and jpg support from the car unit. This means my usb’s which have played perfectly on all cars I have owned no longer play and I will need to reorganise my library converting to MP3 files. However no information re this and a backward step overall.
Perhaps more important and needing change, the heating and ventilation menu , the only place you can turn on and off the AC and the heated seats, is buried three menus deep, requiring you to stop to do it or having a passenger in the front to do it.
This I believe is a serious issue which could be dangerous. It needs rethinking and re-programming.

On a separate note , not sure whether this is car specific or general, I keep finding I have to use the emergency release to stop charging when I unlock the car. Any advice re this gratefully received.

Overall though, love the car. It’s terrific.
I am annoyed you have yours now while I am told May at the earleist by my (Kent) dealer. That said, what I noticed most from your (excellent) contribution Dellboy is your concerns are almost nothing to do with the car as a car being about 'services' to the driver/passenger. How the world has changed. Explainable because the prev model and the new are so alike, of course. On my old ZS EV (traded in prematurely) I was getting 3.8-4.1 miles per kwH routinely. I agree entirely that the buried menu for a/c etc is a hazard and whould be fixed. Looking fwd to more bulletins.

I am annoyed you have yours now while I am told May at the earleist by my (Kent) dealer. That said, what I noticed most from your (excellent) contribution Dellboy is your concerns are almost nothing to do with the car as a car being about 'services' to the driver/passenger. How the world has changed. Explainable because the prev model and the new are so alike, of course. On my old ZS EV (traded in prematurely) I was getting 3.8-4.1 miles per kwH routinely. I agree entirely that the buried menu for a/c etc is a hazard and whould be fixed. Looking fwd to more bulletins.

The AC menu isn't buried. You just need to press the button.

Further to the previous comments and my rants and frustrations, these were largely due to the fact that I had no handbook at the outset making it hard to get to grips with a very different software system from the previous car. The fact is I have now downloaded a full PDF of the manual from the MG Motor Uk site and printed it off and boy what a difference that makes. You cannot read a 300 plus page book on an Iphone properly particularly as it has no index, only contents by Chapter which is not the same thing at all.

However the bottom line is I LOVE THE CAR TO BITS. IT IS A JOY TO DRIVE AND USE, IS SUPREMELY COMFORTABLE AND i HAD A BRILLIANT DEAL FROM CHORLEY GROUP BURNLEY, through Daniel on the sales team so all praise to them.

If I find further issues or things to praise I will update. As a general but not yet properly evaluated comment I am not finding any significant improvement in the miles per KW so far from the previous, but it is early days and I have only put a few hundred miles on the car so far. What is nice on a cold dark early morning is to have the car all warm and ready to go having turned on the defrost and heat from the App.

My only issue with zs ev is the revising camera is always too dark to see in the night. also the location of the camera is too low. I drive in country lane most of the time. The camera is so easy to be covered with mud. I plan to do some diy with this camera. Maybe a flip over type of camera.

Now having had the new car 9 days overall the verdict is good.but with flaws.

Firstly Chorley Group, did me a fantastic deal And this meant that I had the car trailer delivered and my previous part ex picked up saving me a six hundred mile return drive
Car was beautifully prepared and all correct as per my order

All good but in spite of updates now being over the air onboard the car, a major software update for the infotainment system, has to be dealer installed and was missed, meaning I now have to spend a half day going to a dealer to get it done.

Things I like:
Sound system has much improved sound with nice tone and depth of sound. Command inputs are cleaner faster and smoother with less delays and jerkiness.

Better miles per K/watt currently doing about 3.4/3.5.

Improved ride with better bump damping and much quieter all round.
Steering is nicer, higher geared and has more feel.
Torque seems to come through more smoothly and in a very linear curve giving rise to a beautiful smooth drive. So quiet, it whispers along.
The Battersea Blue is fantastic.
Rear seat much improved with three headrests and Centre armrest and directable air vents.

Love the App, turning on the heating in the morning before going into the car, also monitoring what is going on.

Things I don’t like:
App is very difficult to link to the car and not straightforward by any stretch of the imagination. Once set up and mastered it is fine
Manuals for car and Infotainment amount to over 400 pages. No hard copy online only and really difficult to find and read what you want. Also could not find out how to PDF download to print. Simple print online does not allow configuration of print. This is the worst thing about the car. It is a sophisticated upgrade to the previous model and is really difficult to work with.
Mg have decided arbitrarily to remove wma and jpg support from the car unit. This means my usb’s which have played perfectly on all cars I have owned no longer play and I will need to reorganise my library converting to MP3 files. However no information re this and a backward step overall.
Perhaps more important and needing change, the heating and ventilation menu , the only place you can turn on and off the AC and the heated seats, is buried three menus deep, requiring you to stop to do it or having a passenger in the front to do it.
This I believe is a serious issue which could be dangerous. It needs rethinking and re-programming.

On a separate note , not sure whether this is car specific or general, I keep finding I have to use the emergency release to stop charging when I unlock the car. Any advice re this gratefully received.

Overall though, love the car. It’s terrific.
Question - have not seen anyone report on whether the car emits a sound at low speeds to warn pedestrians. Does it? If so - what is it?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom