Living with my new long range Zs Ev Trophy

I am pretty sure it is a legal requirement now for the car to omit a warning sound when travelling slowly.
I believe it can not be turned off in the newer cars now either.

I am pretty sure it is a legal requirement now for the car to omit a warning sound when travelling slowly.
I believe it can not be turned off in the newer cars now either.
I would like a ice-cream van noise just to see them disappointed people opening there doors 🍦🍦🍦🤣

Further to the previous comments and my rants and frustrations, these were largely due to the fact that I had no handbook at the outset making it hard to get to grips with a very different software system from the previous car. The fact is I have now downloaded a full PDF of the manual from the MG Motor Uk site and printed it off and boy what a difference that makes. You cannot read a 300 plus page book on an Iphone properly particularly as it has no index, only contents by Chapter which is not the same thing at all.

However the bottom line is I LOVE THE CAR TO BITS. IT IS A JOY TO DRIVE AND USE, IS SUPREMELY COMFORTABLE AND i HAD A BRILLIANT DEAL FROM CHORLEY GROUP BURNLEY, through Daniel on the sales team so all praise to them.

If I find further issues or things to praise I will update. As a general but not yet properly evaluated comment I am not finding any significant improvement in the miles per KW so far from the previous, but it is early days and I have only put a few hundred miles on the car so far. What is nice on a cold dark early morning is to have the car all warm and ready to go having turned on the defrost and heat from the App.
When did you order plz?

Question - have not seen anyone report on whether the car emits a sound at low speeds to warn pedestrians. Does it? If so - what is it?
No sound emitted at all just the same as previous version. I don’t Finns this to be a problem. As the driver you just have to be aware and ensure that people are aware of your presence.

No sound emitted at all just the same as previous version. I don’t Finns this to be a problem. As the driver you just have to be aware and ensure that people are aware of your presence.
It's a legal requirement to have a pedestrian warning sound.
If it's not working you need to get it fixed.

Screenshot_20220219_213051.jpg

Sorry, what has when I ordered got to do with the discussion re the cars merits
Nothing at all. Just that you mentioned in this thread a couple of times that you ordered from Burnley and delt with Daniel. So I thought I would ask you as I have ordered from Burnley and I am dealing with Daniel.

Agreed !.
I actually think it IS working, is just that it can be difficult to hear inside of the car.
WHEN it stops raining 🌧 lower the drivers window and move forward very slowly, then you will hear the low humming sound.
If you are in an enclosed space like a multi story car park, you will hear it then okay !.
On some earlier EV’s there was a button to allow the driver to turn off this facility.
Legislation now states that VES can not be manually turned off anymore.

Agreed !.
I actually think it IS working, is just that it can be difficult to hear inside of the car.
WHEN it stops raining 🌧 lower the drivers window and move forward very slowly, then you will hear the low humming sound.
If you are in an enclosed space like a multi story car park, you will hear it then okay !.
On some earlier EV’s there was a button to allow the driver to turn off this facility.
Legislation now states that VES can not be manually turned off anymore.
Because everyone knows that EV drivers like to run down unsuspecting pedestrians. ;)

Well I drive mindful of the fact that pedestrians do not hear you anyway. I can recall moving slowly forward whilst talking to two walking pedestrians in an underground park and not hearing anything in my previous car.so genuinely not sure what it is that I should do., except continue to drive mindful of the fact.

Well I drive mindful of the fact that pedestrians do not hear you anyway. I can recall moving slowly forward whilst talking to two walking pedestrians in an underground park and not hearing anything in my previous car.so genuinely not sure what it is that I should do., except continue to drive mindful of the fact.
honk the horn, they soon move. tbh even with the evs sound people don't move. too hypnotised by their phones. that's usually when i honk.

That brings me to another question. The car more or less recommends charging only to 80% to preserve battery life, except when on long distance, which obviously does away with equalisation charge. I thought not doing equalisation was as bad for the battery as too many rapid charges. Also when do you use battery heating, if ever. As I say I love the car but the lack of handbook has been an enjoyment limitation for me.

Lithium ion batteries don't like to be charged to 100% regularly (especially if left at full charge for a time). All battery types have different quirks though.

The recommendation to charge to 80% is valid, and i am very glad mg introduced this to their cars as it helps prolong battery life. This along with a proper charging timer sealed the deal for me.

lithium ion batteries build up dendrites over time News Feature: The tricky challenge holding back electric cars , and this degrades the battery. Keeping the battery at optimal temperatures, avoiding low or high battery charge levels help decrease the build up, and prolong the life.

You don't have to be too precious about it, but sticking to 80% for day to day usage is good practice. This is especially so if you are leaving the car sat at 100% for a while.

Balance charges to 100% are still recommended once a month according to the manual (if i recall correctly).

Nothing at all. Just that you mentioned in this thread a couple of times that you ordered from Burnley and delt with Daniel. So I thought I would ask you as I have ordered from Burnley and I am dealing with Daniel.
Daniel, strikes me as a very nice helpful straightforward young man.. if you have any issues over delays delivery etc I would suggest you talk it through with him. I found him to be most helpful and approachable

Found out
Daniel, strikes me as a very nice helpful straightforward young man.. if you have any issues over delays delivery etc I would suggest you talk it through with him. I found him to be most helpful and approachable
Ok no problem.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom