LKA audible alert or EPS error?!

bobtherock

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
The main question I think I'm asking is; if I have LKA audio alerts on, should it do an alert every time it also assists steering?

Background: like most people I find LKA intrusive with frequent false positives, however, I am now wondering if its actually a EPS steering position sensor fault? I had a red EPS warning flash up and disappear while steering a roundabout on Saturday. No further warnings since but this morning on a gentle right hand curve on a dual carriageway way I had quite a violent tug from the steering wheel for no real reason. I originally put this down to LKA but there was no audible alert. Could it be that some of these random LKA tugs we all get are related to a steering position sensor issue?

Although dull, I might setup a go-pro to watch the in car display and the lane lines. If I get tugs at the wheel which dont show any other display warning or audio warning then I feel I might be on to something.

The only times I get steering wheel "tugs" are when I'm driving close to the line or driving in poor conditions (bad weather or poorly defined road markings) when the system has clearly got confused.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back