LKA day/night constantly resets

BrianthatiscalledBrian

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Always switch off LKA before departing but noticed that each time the auto day/night feature dims the dashboard it also resets the LKA to on, every time ! I think the auto day/night is too sensitive (goes to night down a slightly shady lane), can this feature be disabled ?

Yes, from memory you can change to either dark or light theme. I can’t recall where it is, but in the settings somewhere.

You can turn off auto-lights (which is what is triggering the Infotainment screen theme change) by flicking the toggle switch to the right (on the left stalk). Of course this means the lights won't automatically come on, and will need to be done every time you get in the car.

Alternatively you can fix the Infotainment theme as per above.

I've set my trophy to dark mode anyway as I prefer it.
I also don't bother to turn off LKA as most of my trips are in 30mph zones where it doesn't operate.

Well they did prioritise writing bugs for the Trophy, so there's some sense in it! 😉

Yeah, the SE bugs are annoying but the software is stable and once you have the workrounds in place everything works well enough. We don't get all this phone unpairing and screen malfunctioning that seem to plague Trophy owners.

Yeah, the SE bugs are annoying but the software is stable and once you have the workrounds in place everything works well enough. We don't get all this phone unpairing and screen malfunctioning that seem to plague Trophy owners.
My phone is now constantly unpairing since my two updates undertaken on my first service.

This car is really starting to annoy me now.

As you know, I am considering a two/three year old BMW i4 as my next car. I am also considering a one/two year old Cyberster. If MG do not sort out their software, the Cyberster will be scratched off my list.

I can not tell you how disappointed I am, cause when the MG4 works, I love it! But the recent issues I have now got to endure with LKA and now the phone, it is becoming a chore getting in the bloody thing.

I'm not finding the SE a chore at all. Killing LKA and speed limit recognition at startup takes a few seconds, and after that I just drive it.

And my Trophy does NOT re-enable LKA when the lights auto switch off/on/off (usually I disable auto lights but sometimes I forget) :confused:

I'm not finding the SE a chore at all. Killing LKA and speed limit recognition at startup takes a few seconds, and after that I just drive it.
You may not have seen Harry explain his work means he is constantly driving a short distance, stopping, putting on handbrake (LKA resets), getting out, getting back in - so he has to disable it over and over again now on every journey, which is an understandable PITA.

UPDATE: Re my original post at start of thread, i noticed that even though auto-switching between day/night modes appeared to reenable LKA, in fact it doesn't ! Although the LKA slidebar on the MG Pilot screen says it is enabled the dashboard icon remains amber, thus it still is disabled, i did test this on the road (safely) also. So whatever drives the main screen doesn't seem to synchronise the reality with the dashboard screen, this is going to be fun to explain to the dealer.

That's like when the SE (don't know about the Trophy) is put into Sport mode. Very soon after that the infotainment slider settles on Snow, but the car remains in Sport and Sport continues to be displayed on the driver's screen.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back