LKA permanently off button

OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I started a new thread on this so it does not get lost. Firstly may I be the first to congratulate MG for giving us the ability to turn off LKA without it defaulting back on . This is for the mark 2 SE LR but may also be applicable to yours, it has another advantage and a couple of possible serious disadvantages , as usual the choice is yours, intrigued? Before I start may I tell you a funny story about some sausages and a pair of rubber gloves......... sorry thats for another forum.
Ok! go down the Mg pilot screen and turn on "towing mode" this is not a default button so will stay on until you turn it off, even after leaving the car locking and unlocking and starting again. This will turn off LKA ACC TJA and emergency braking. These will stay off until you decide to turn off towing mode. A side effect was that I was able to drive and reverse on my driveway without putting the seat belt on , which could be of use to some. A couple of more serious disadvantages are that on start up ,on the driving screen a yellow ABS icon appeared for a couple of seconds then went out, I am not overly sure what this implies, and the reversing sensors are disabled, which coupled with the poor rear visibility could be an issue . So this a solution with compromises, it will turn your car into a pre - 2010 model, if you wish, give it a try ,its totally reversible or if you find the consequences might be not your cup of tea ,don,t . I would like to add I do not find the default version dangerous but it is not consistent and sometimes give the wheel a nudge even when I am in the centre of the lane, and then when I purposely cross the line to provoke it , to see where the parameters are , nothing, and thats when its green and supposedly activated.

Last edited:
Just tried Towing Mode on my Trophy. Once up to speed lka activated and a few seconds later steered me towards pavement. So no change for me unfortunately.

I wouldn't want to disable emergency braking and parking sensors, so it's not a solution for me :-( - great investigation, though - thanks a lot for publicising the feature. We do need to keep up the pressure on MG, though...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back