Locating the DC-DC converter

Sigh. I deleted that post, now it has some value for you, and being a rookie moderator, I don't know how to undelete it (or I haven't been granted that power).

I now think that this is the bottom of the OBC:

View attachment 7499
That silver connector is part of the A/C system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realise this might sound a bit elitist, but I was really hoping to hear from someone who KNOWS rather than a load of theories and guesstimates.

I studied electrical engineering at university so I’m fairly up on how AC-DC and DC-AC conversion works. I’m just not entirely sure where the circuitry is in this case.
+1 on all these comments. However, you really should expect this sort of response on ANY forum - in my experience anyway …

+1 on all these comments. However, you really should expect this sort of response on ANY forum - in my experience anyway …
Yeah, Im not new to forums in general. I’m a founding member and moderator on the most respected Honda S2000 forum that has been running for over 20 years.

It’s a case of nature hates a vacuum. If you don’t have people who know and provide valid answers the peanut gallery will put in their 2c. It takes a bit of hard nose culture engineering to cultivate an atmosphere of excellence. Otherwise you get excrement.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom