Long Range Affinity Price

Yes they would be eligible for affinity scheme, but you cannot have affinity on 0% finance, it’s 4.9%, but still works out cheaper on total price paid.
Yes. I agree and also on Affinity you get a free type 2 cable (£250) and the red tripple layer paint.

Just had a chat with David from the Frasers of Falkirk Dealership.

He said the Long Range MG5 will cost very close to £24,500 on the affinity scheme. So approx £2k more than the current model.

Can anybody confirm this please?

Extra 35 miles of range, stronger roof bars, and MG Pilot for £2k more. It seems a reasonable price increase to me.
On the MG website, the pictures show the same front end for the Long Range model as the current 52KWh version. (When I bought mine in June, the dealership didn't mention that there was another one in the pipeline). I previously had a Honda Jazz EV which had just about every electronic gizmo - parking camera, front, side and rear sensors, blind spot sensors, autonomous braking, adaptable cruise control, lane change sensors etc. To be honest it was all too much overkill for me, and I often switched off some it. So, I was happy with the limited equipment as standard in my MG5 Exclusive - which includes auto door locking - the one thing missing from the Jazz.
Interestingly there is a photo in AutoExpress this week which shows the new Long Range MG5 with a new front end - gone is the large grill, replaced by a smoother look bonnet. I couldn't tell if there were any changes to the profile or rear panels.

On the MG website, the pictures show the same front end for the Long Range model as the current 52KWh version. (When I bought mine in June, the dealership didn't mention that there was another one in the pipeline). I previously had a Honda Jazz EV which had just about every electronic gizmo - parking camera, front, side and rear sensors, blind spot sensors, autonomous braking, adaptable cruise control, lane change sensors etc. To be honest it was all too much overkill for me, and I often switched off some it. So, I was happy with the limited equipment as standard in my MG5 Exclusive - which includes auto door locking - the one thing missing from the Jazz.
Interestingly there is a photo in AutoExpress this week which shows the new Long Range MG5 with a new front end - gone is the large grill, replaced by a smoother look bonnet. I couldn't tell if there were any changes to the profile or rear panels.
The new front end is currently being launched in mainland Europe, with no known plans as yet for it to be launched in the UK. However, it will be here at some point, my guess is first half of 2022.
The European version will also probably get the new interior/dash from the updated Roewe Ei5, which is a significant leap forward to what we have at the moment.

The new front end is currently being launched in mainland Europe, with no known plans as yet for it to be launched in the UK. However, it will be here at some point, my guess is first half of 2022.
The European version will also probably get the new interior/dash from the updated Roewe Ei5, which is a significant leap forward to what we have at the moment.
Thanks

Just had a chat with David from the Frasers of Falkirk Dealership.

He said the Long Range MG5 will cost very close to £24,500 on the affinity scheme. So approx £2k more than the current model.

Can anybody confirm this please?

Extra 35 miles of range, stronger roof bars, and MG Pilot for £2k more. It seems a reasonable price increase to me.
MG website show the LR as £1500 more however that’s the retail pricing not the affinity scheme.
Go for it if you qualify I can recommend Frasers they helped me through the paperwork, fitted all the little extras, even a local company to do the tinted rear windows. LR comes with 100kwh DC and 22kwh AC charging too. Brilliant value - wish it had been available when I bought mine. Probably the biggest disappoint for me has been the 7kw onboard charger so public charging is really limited if you can find a DC charger. Seems there’s plenty of 22kw chargers around and folk are queuing for 50kw.

Looking forward to it!! I see the LR is available now though, without the other upgrades. 100kwDC and 22kw AC and driver assist is well worth the extra.
im keeping mine a bit longer yet though, only had it 5months…..

MG website show the LR as £1500 more however that’s the retail pricing not the affinity scheme.
Go for it if you qualify I can recommend Frasers they helped me through the paperwork, fitted all the little extras, even a local company to do the tinted rear windows. LR comes with 100kwh DC and 22kwh AC charging too. Brilliant value - wish it had been available when I bought mine. Probably the biggest disappoint for me has been the 7kw onboard charger so public charging is really limited if you can find a DC charger. Seems there’s plenty of 22kw chargers around and folk are queuing for 50kw.
Can I ask how much your window tint cost please? And was it for the whole car? Do you have any pictures of the car please?

Can I ask how much your window tint cost please? And was it for the whole car? Do you have any pictures of the car please?
Hi Dave?
I think it was £220 I went for the medium tint, rear window and rear sides. Gives good privacy and cooler too. Obviates any warranty on the heated rear screen though.

Attachments

• FD8BAA0C-C98A-43C4-BD62-42A53BB77D8D.jpeg
    FD8BAA0C-C98A-43C4-BD62-42A53BB77D8D.jpeg
    421.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 83E2B7EA-25AF-4FE1-984B-F4E8E2529873.jpeg
    83E2B7EA-25AF-4FE1-984B-F4E8E2529873.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 147
  • F9F29729-F49C-4941-B418-8AE3D07D5ABD.jpeg
    F9F29729-F49C-4941-B418-8AE3D07D5ABD.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 142
Hi Dave?
I think it was £220 I went for the medium tint, rear window and rear sides. Gives good privacy and cooler too. Obviates any warranty on the heated rear screen though.
Thanks for the pictures. Looks very good indeed.

You say the mg5 exclusive has auto door locking what exactly do you mean.

Sadly the LR with the face lift doesn’t seem to be coming to the UK. Probably something to do with RHD, who knows. Watch out for a LR face lift though. The market changes so fast.
where’s the Marvel R? (Shame about the name). Sounds like a decent bit of kit but at what price I wonder.

I was told you have to live within a 30mile radius of the dealer to qualify for Affinity and each dealer is allocated only so many cars/deals. Can anyone clarify?

I suspected so, probably reflects shortage of stock.
I live 24 miles from dealer (less as the crow flies) - but was never asked location. Not sure if rules are slightly different in Scotland though as we also qualify if using the Government Energy Saving Trust 0% Loan Scheme as well as public sector workers.

Definitely try somewhere else and see if there is more flexibility 👍

Hi,
my sisteri in law is a nurse and my wife is a TA in a school would I get it based on that and can you get it with 0% finance?
I got mine based on the fact my wife is a TA in a school so is classed as a key worker. Car is registered in my name.
Not sure if it works if they would accept based on your sister in law as they could argue that she won't be making use of the car but should qualify based or your wife.

You say the mg5 exclusive has auto door locking what exactly do you mean.
The doors and boot are locked automatically when you drive away and reach a certain speed (typically 3-5 mph). This is a safety feature and would prevent someone outside the vehicle - such as a would be thief / hijacker / road rager - from opening the door. I feel much safer as a result.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom