Long Range Used Price in few years estimates

I thought How Long was a Chinaman (but what do I know?) :)
Steady.

How Hi was a Chinaman?
More comments like this and you'll get a warning or a ban.
We have a sense of humour, but we don't tolerate racism.
The 'jokes' here show a very dated sense of what is acceptable and the posters and those who positively reacted to them need to educate themselves on what is and isn't acceptable.
Thank you Adee for the apology.

Last edited:
Steady.

More comments like this and you'll get a warning or a ban.
We have a sense of humour, but we don't tolerate racism.
The 'jokes' here show a very dated sense of what is acceptable and the posters and those who positively reacted to them need to educate themselves on what is and isn't acceptable.
Thank you Adee for the apology.
I too would like to apologise. In my (limited) defence, I am as aged as my poor attempt at humour, responding too quickly to the post before engaging my brain.

I too would like to apologise. In my (limited) defence, I am as aged as my poor attempt at humour, responding too quickly to the post before engaging my brain.
It's all too easily done in today's society. People of older generations make totally innocent comments not meaning any offence and get hauled over the coals for it.

It's all too easily done in today's society. People of older generations make totally innocent comments not meaning any offence and get hauled over the coals for it.
This is correct.
People of a certain age can be innocent 😇 in making a remark, that was common place terminology in a conversation over 40 years ago, but now it is seen as totally NOT acceptable in day to day use anymore.
There is no malice in what some say, it’s just not acceptable any more.
There is numerous examples of this see in the media and even on TV.
Programs made in the late 60’s early 70’s that was broadcast once a week to thousands of people, are totally unacceptable anymore.
Anybody of a certain age will remember the ones that I refer too !.
Times change and people’s views and opinions have to change with them.
People’s manners have also changed and not for the better I am sad to say.
How many people say please and thank you anymore ?.
In a shop, can be seen as a typical example.
It’s reflected in the guidance you did or did not receive in your early days I believe.
The clock ⏰ keeps ticking and we have to move with the ever changing times.
Not always for the best, but there it is !.

Finally a car that sounds like something I can afford. I have seen people buy it for 22k which is still outside of my range but not by that far. What do you think is your estimate of price for 2 or 3 years old?
We just bought a 6 month old Exclusive short range with 6k on the clock privately for £20,400 don't know if that helps with your estimates!

We just bought a 6 month old Exclusive short range with 6k on the clock privately for £20,400 don't know if that helps with your estimates!
It helps, thanks.

I have seen short range one go around 22k on autotrader even almost brand new. If I pushed myself I could probably afford around 22k but I don't really want to do that. At the moment I am saving money each month and driving my 13 year old Peugeot 207 until either prices drop to something more manageable for me without feeling like I need be careful with finances for next few years or until repairs on it no longer make sense. So far I have been really lucky with it. My monthly upkeep of a car is around £150 and this includes petrol, insurance, road tax, service and any repairs I have done on it. I have been tracking spreadsheet on this for a while so I know how much it costs me on average to keep it.

Obviously new car will always cost more than keeping old one but if there is a point in which I can no longer rely on this car to not break I will be looking to jump ship and i am determined for my next car to be electric. Long Range meets all the bells and whistles I would be looking for in new car so all I need for it to do now is drop in price a bit. I am hoping that in about 2 years combination of me putting some money on a side, trade in of old car and price drop of used car will result in no more than £250 a month car loan for it. Then I would be again happy to stick with the same car for another 10 years or so like I did with my Peugeot.

It helps, thanks.

I have seen short range one go around 22k on autotrader even almost brand new. If I pushed myself I could probably afford around 22k but I don't really want to do that. At the moment I am saving money each month and driving my 13 year old Peugeot 207 until either prices drop to something more manageable for me without feeling like I need be careful with finances for next few years or until repairs on it no longer make sense. So far I have been really lucky with it. My monthly upkeep of a car is around £150 and this includes petrol, insurance, road tax, service and any repairs I have done on it. I have been tracking spreadsheet on this for a while so I know how much it costs me on average to keep it.

Obviously new car will always cost more than keeping old one but if there is a point in which I can no longer rely on this car to not break I will be looking to jump ship and i am determined for my next car to be electric. Long Range meets all the bells and whistles I would be looking for in new car so all I need for it to do now is drop in price a bit. I am hoping that in about 2 years combination of me putting some money on a side, trade in of old car and price drop of used car will result in no more than £250 a month car loan for it. Then I would be again happy to stick with the same car for another 10 years or so like I did with my Peugeot.
When the LR model of the ZS EV is released, either late this year or early next year, then you will get a good opportunity to pick up a really good pre owned car, with a transferable warranty.
Private owners or dealers will have a few coming through the system.

I didn't know there was one being worked on that is interesting. I have googled it now. This can really push MG5 prices down if they price it sensibly. I will have to keep my eye on it.

I didn't know there was one being worked on that is interesting. I have googled it now. This can really push MG5 prices down if they price it sensibly. I will have to keep my eye on it.
You're right, that and the introduction of even more Chinese models in the next year or so.

You're right, that and the introduction of even more Chinese models in the next year or so.
MG residuals where spoken about on last nights Pod Cast.
Second hand prices of the ZS EV are still quite strong, which is nice to hear.
Remember, some of these cars are less than two years old and some likely to be on 3 year PCP deals.
The deal to trade up to the newer LR model will only be viable if the pricing structure is marketed correctly.
Updating after only two years is likely to mean consolidating the balance and transferring it onto the newer car !.
This could well be a step to far for a lot of present owners.
Due to the C19 situation, a lot of cars have covered very few miles also !.
This may also discourage people from up grading to the LR model also.
Pricing / trade in prices are absolutely key to current owners who would like to up date to the LR version.

It helps, thanks.

I get you. We were totally happy with our old Nissan Leaf 24 and had never spent more than £7k on a car. Our situation changed and we suddenly needed to be able to visit my family in Scotland at short notice so had to get a car capable of that journey hence buying the MG5. If it helps, remember the savings you make on driving electric can be considerable unless you're doing less than 5K miles a year. I was doing a 50 mile round trip commute and bought an old VW E-UP for 6.5K. It's saved me more than half its cost in three years! You don't realise how much you spend on petrol until you're not buying it anymore!

We have 2 cars in a house right now it doesn't matter which one we use but I can see electric becoming primary driver for longer journeys. Individually we don't do many miles but if EV was used for all longer journeys that would be a big saving for us

The 7 Year MG warranty will help residual values I think. Our 3/4 year old cars even when updated with newer longer range models will still have a market and I hope a good one. Cheap to run and warranty covered, those who need a car for local and the odd longer trip will be looking at these cheaper used options in the future i’m sure.

MG residuals where spoken about on last nights Pod Cast.
Second hand prices of the ZS EV are still quite strong, which is nice to hear.
Remember, some of these cars are less than two years old and some likely to be on 3 year PCP deals.
The deal to trade up to the newer LR model will only be viable if the pricing structure is marketed correctly.
Updating after only two years is likely to mean consolidating the balance and transferring it onto the newer car !.
This could well be a step to far for a lot of present owners.
Due to the C19 situation, a lot of cars have covered very few miles also !.
This may also discourage people from up grading to the LR model also.
Pricing / trade in prices are absolutely key to current owners who would like to up date to the LR version.
Is the podcast only on YouTube?

Was hoping to find it on pocketcasts or Google podcasts

So here's a thing...my MG5 which I bought for £21,500 in Feb, WBAC are offering £20,000 for it. So I guess they would sell it at the same price I paid for it......amazing!

ZS EV bought Nov 2020 for £20,450. Offered £20,700 by Cazoo!!
It's across the board. I sold my Velar last week (to a LR main dealer) for significantly more than I had paid for it less than 6 months ago. It is now on their website for significantly more than they paid me for it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom