Long Range Used Price in few years estimates

Per autoexpress, after 3 years & 36k miles, data says you can expect around 44% of the car's value. So I imagine, if you take the list price of an exclusive with metallic paint (around £32k), you can expect around £14k in 3 years.

Rules of supply and demand may well keep the prices artificially high as more people start looking for ways to move towards EV ownership. As we are currently seeing with cars and housing supply is short so the prices are being driven up.

Per autoexpress, after 3 years & 36k miles, data says you can expect around 44% of the car's value. So I imagine, if you take the list price of an exclusive with metallic paint (around £32k), you can expect around £14k in 3 years.
You would think that but EV prices are all over a place at the moment.

There is an argument to be made for both good and bad residuals.

If EV tech keeps improving, and the price of batteries continue to fall, then the current crop of EVs may all be seen as old, out of date, expensive tat. Not just MG, but all manufacturers.

However, the ZS EV when launched was initially priced at about £4k below list price. Residuals on those cars are very strong indeed.

The affinity deal is the equivalent discount on the MG5. If/when that deal ends and the price rises then the same could happen again. Although it do think that if the revised front end and interior come to the UK in the next year then the current model will defo be affected. The revised model is just so much better looking inside and out. Depends on price.

However, the ZS EV when launched was initially priced at about £4k below list price. Residuals on those cars are very strong indeed.

The affinity deal is the equivalent discount on the MG5. If/when that deal ends and the price rises then the same could happen again. Although it do think that if the revised front end and interior come to the UK in the next year then the current model will defo be affected. The revised model is just so much better looking inside and out. Depends on price.
New model looks like being £10K+ more so I'm not too worried about the affect myself, range also isn't going to be a huge step up so it's going against a Kona/E-niro and I would probably go with one of those, well actually I think they should be down near the £25K mark so I would just wait if the MG5 current price wasn't an option.

I actually think that these current MG models might be the last of the affordable options for about a year until the Chinese flood the market, big shift in the car industry coming....

I actually think that these current MG models might be the last of the affordable options for about a year until the Chinese flood the market, big shift in the car industry coming....

I hope so! Manufacturers need serious kick in the butt to wake up to making those cars affordable. It is shocking that cheapest Peugeot 208 petrol is nearly half a price of cheapest Peugeot 208 electric. It doesn't matter how much you save over next 10 or 15 years if your initial purchase is impossible because "computer says no" at bank and you can't get a car loan. At the moment MG is the only fairly competitively priced car for range, boot space etc the things that actually matter in everyday car use not on a race track.

New model looks like being £10K+ more so I'm not too worried about the affect myself, range also isn't going to be a huge step up so it's going against a Kona/E-niro and I would probably go with one of those, well actually I think they should be down near the £25K mark so I would just wait if the MG5 current price wasn't an option.

£10k more? That's a hell of a jump... Don't think they will sell many at that price level. I was thinking more £2k more max. Time will tell.

It really depends on what the actual cost to buy or pcp is. The retail price of the ZS was something like £31k and they were available for under £21k. The 5 was also subject to good discounts. Newer models may have a higher list price but will MG offer the same level of discounts?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom